Jem 77v, opinions? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Jem 77v, opinions?

So I'm about to purchase a 77v (the black with mirror guard and pearl trim) and was wondering what your opinions of the new breed pups are?
How does it compare to previous jems over all?
Thanks fellas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 12:21 PM

Re: Jem 77v, opinions?

Here ya go, since this topic has been done to death :

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/search...earchid=890512

With a little search you can go really far. And welcome to Jemsite!

Cheers, Sam
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Sorry man I did search lol, how I managed to find nothing I shall never know!
I shall go view that thread at once, cheers for the warm welcome .
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Still not finding any threads with peoples opinions on this jem (besides it's asthetics) I'd like to hear what 77v owners think of this latest model compared to previous ones, neck, tone etc.
If a thread like this exists then I'm a very special little boy and cannot find one.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
Still not finding any threads with peoples opinions on this jem (besides it's asthetics) .
Ahh you've noticed... Welcome to Jemsite, too many people passing comment purely based on photographs of guitars found on the net. Hang on though, no doubt someone will have something worthwhile to say about this guitar, other than 'it looks boring' etc!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 05:04 PM

Reviews: 65

Well I tried the 7vwh (with Evos) and the 77vbk (with Breeds).

I think both are amazing guitars and you should test which one you like more. For me I wanted the extra "twang" of the Evos, so I ordered the 7vwh, but I think sooner or later I end up buying a 77vbk too as the Breeds hammer through extremely well.

I am a player and the 7vwh will be played on tour. I think both are great looking guitars and will look good on stage.

Sound wise, it is a tough one. You should really check em out. They sound very different to me, but both have a very cool character to em.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

I couldn't own a white one personaly, just can't design that colour, personal preffernece of course.
I've used evo's before in previous RG's, I prefer PAFS so I think breeds might be more to my taste anyway.
The real draw to the Jem is the neck, the flatter and thinner the better for me.
Also been hankerin for a UV, the neck is even wider than the RG1270 but man it sounds amazing.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
I couldn't own a white one personaly, just can't design that colour, personal preffernece of course.
I've used evo's before in previous RG's, I prefer PAFS so I think breeds might be more to my taste anyway.
The real draw to the Jem is the neck, the flatter and thinner the better for me.
Also been hankerin for a UV, the neck is even wider than the RG1270 but man it sounds amazing.
If you prefer that sound, then the Breed is definately your kind of beast. It is very nasty and has endless punch
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Cheers fella, any thoughts on the neck? I've not had the chance to play one but if they're as flat as the UV I'm happy, flatter and thinner the better
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 02:04 PM

If you want a thin neck then take a look at the J-customs.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I've been looking at the J customs for a while, however there are no shops within travelling range that sell them so I can try one out.
It probably seems picky but I found flat necks so much easier to play than necks with a slight convex, having had wizard necks in my 1570 and 550 I find them thin enough and flat enough, but you can allways go flatter lol.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 02:39 PM

I think the 1570 and have the same radius.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 02:50 PM

The JEM has a very flat and thin neck. I think you will like it.

And I recommend buying from Rich -> ibanezrules.com
his setup will blow your mind, I just got my 7vwh today... Pics and thread will follow.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

I tell a juicy lie, I could try out either the RG3270 or the RG8320 J custom.
I know the latter has EMG's and I'm not sure where I stand with those, had em in my esp mh1000 and didn't like them so much, then again I rarely go to crank em up.
So now I guess I'll be looking for opinions on those two guitars, try as I might I find very few opinions on guitars as a whole on this site, then again seeing what some people own here I'm not surprised they don't waste time writing reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

Ibanez s320 opinions?
opinions on duncan JB?
opinions on duncan JB?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode