Jem 77vbk black pickguard + white pickups and my other jems! Gmc (soon to be) and DY - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Jem 77vbk black pickguard + white pickups and my other jems! Gmc (soon to be) and DY

http://s401.photobucket.com/albums/pp99/shockwave1192/
(pics 80 photos).. got a little camera happy.
Hey every one I moded my jem 77vbk, took off the mirror pickguard, took out the pickups. Replaced with a Black/white/black pickguard loaded with A Mo joe in bridge and a Paf joe in neck. (sounds better than stock by a lot). I ordered white knobs and a white switch tip i really like the way this came out. I'll add pics when the parts come in to see the difference. Also pictured is my Jem777dy got off 3bay and replaced the pups with a new paf pro in the neck, a super distortion in the bridge (beats the hell out of the paf for bridge) and just a green cap over the stock single coil. I call it the watermelon guitar. Also theres my Mtm1 just put new 11's and polished it up. And last but not least my Jem Gmc (body being swirld by http://outofthisswirled.com/index.html. Will add pics of finished guitar when it comes.

Let me know what you guys think of everything!!

Enjoy,
-Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 11:22 PM

Re: Jem 77vbk black pickguard + white pickups and my other jems! Gmc (soon to be) an

Awesome guitars. I have a Super Distortion in the bridge of my dy too and I love it. Congrats on your collection!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: Jem 77vbk black pickguard + white pickups and my other jems! Gmc (soon to be) an

Sorry bud--IO don't like the way it looks at all. While I dig the white pickups, I think removing the mirrored pickguard took away some of the classiness. I do like the natural Jem you've got--is it a custom build?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Yeah its a custom build, but I will be selling the body on 3bay when the gmc swirl arrives because I just have no use for it.

I liked the mirror but it was always getting really bad looking with all the fingerprints because I use it so much, then id have to worry about being easy on it when playing trying to not get it all messed up again.Then i would have to clean it every other day . Idk though im really diggin' this new look.The pictures make me not like it as much, then i turn around and all i can say is wow. To each his own!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 04:02 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

You ought to post that body in our classifieds first--somebody would snag it quick. Is it an AANJ or square heel neck pocket?

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 04:09 AM

great axes !!!!!
Soon i hope i can have such a Jem !!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Thanks jems are really the greatest guitars ive played.

And the neck pocket is an AANJ
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 08:47 PM

Reviews: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Sorry bud--IO don't like the way it looks at all. While I dig the white pickups, I think removing the mirrored pickguard took away some of the classiness. I do like the natural Jem you've got--is it a custom build?
+1 I do like the others though.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 01:10 PM

Reviews: 3

They all look great! Congrats on n awesome collection!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 09:11 AM

Cool!!!!
You only need a maple fretboard to get a hybrid Vai-Gilmour tribute... very very close to my dream-guitar!!
Congrats!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 12:10 AM

Just not diggin the green and black on the natural finish body. :\
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

yeah I dont really like it either thats why I'm going to sell it when the Swirl comes in! ha

Tags
777dy , black pickguard , ibanez mtm1 , jem gmc custom , jem77vbk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode