JEM 7V with out the gold? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

JEM 7V with out the gold?

I really dont like the gold hard were on the 7V and I dont know alot about Ibanez, I was wondering if they made any with out the gold,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Banned

Re: JEM 7V with out the gold?

im 99% sure all 7vwh were made with gold trem ect ect,that said steve vai's flo had chrome trem so ???.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 01:19 PM

http://www.jemsite.com/gallery/
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 05:59 AM

There is someone on Jemsite who went to the trouble of completely stripping the gold plating off all hardware. Do a search and you will find pics and instructions.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaindewcowboy View Post
I really dont like the gold hard were on the 7V and I dont know alot about Ibanez, I was wondering if they made any with out the gold,
Presumably you mean the 7VWH rather than any other incarnation of the 7V - these are all gold hardware and you'll need to strip off the plating or swop out hardware if you want anything else. Sorry.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 09:12 AM

Or, indeed, find buy a JEM7V Sparkle Blue (the only other 7V i'm aware of) which has 'vintage silver' hardware, paint it white and replace the inlays if you don't like blue (and burn in hell for that ). Or just buy an other JEM, for example the equally excellent but IMO better looking JEM77 FP.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

a blue JEM sounds cool. I really dont know a lot about Ibanez so I just dont know what I want i just have herd alot about the 7v and every time I see pics they are white with gold
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 02:07 AM

I wouldnt worry about the gold too much, it wears off, mine certainly has done, lol
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 05:04 PM

As already mentioned, there are just two Ibanez JEMs 7V. The one JEM is the well know white one (Wh) and the other JEM is the blue one (VBSL). But this one was only made from 2002 to 2004 so there's a limited amount of blue 7Vs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode