Jem 7V WH or Jem 90TH ? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
V

Jem 7V WH or Jem 90TH ?

A brand new pre 04 Jem 7V WH with the Ebony board, Lo Pro bridge or a Exc condition Used Jem 90TH, but no cert with the guitar, just comes with the hardcase?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 07:19 AM

Go for the 90th, almost everyone has a 7vwh
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 08:03 AM

Yeah, take the 90th!!!!
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 08:10 AM

i would also go with the 90th, everyone ive seen has had much better ebony than most 7v's anyhow.

i think its quite a funky looking guitar also and to me the 7vwh is just tacky (unless its on vai )
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
V

What about a Jem7V wh with the Buzz Feiten System?

Also, what is the used price for the Jem 90TH?

Thanks for all the reply!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 10:47 AM
RCB

Its a no brainer. Go for the 90th. About the price, I think it should be about 1500-2000 depending on the condition
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
There are several things that I'd ask anyone making this choice to first consider.

1) What reason are you buying this guitar for? - If it's for a collector, the ONLY answer is the 90th and you can stop there but if it's a number 1 player you're after there are a couple more things to look at.

1) What sort of neck do you prefer? The VWH has a slightly thicker, fuller neck compared to the super thin Wizard profile found on the JEM 90th. If you're used to a skinny RG neck then the 90th might be more what you're looking for, if you want something a little more traditional then the VWH is more your sort of neck.

2) What finish do you prefer? I LOVE the 90th's looks but I can't get used to the feel of the body finish which is why I don't have one

3) Can YOU tell a difference in the sound, and which do you prefer?

Personally I'm afraid if I wanted to get any use from the guitar, I'd have to go for the JEM7VWH, but if I wanted to impress my friends I'd probably get the 90th.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
V

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono
There are several things that I'd ask anyone making this choice to first consider.

1) What reason are you buying this guitar for? - If it's for a collector, the ONLY answer is the 90th and you can stop there but if it's a number 1 player you're after there are a couple more things to look at.

1) What sort of neck do you prefer? The VWH has a slightly thicker, fuller neck compared to the super thin Wizard profile found on the JEM 90th. If you're used to a skinny RG neck then the 90th might be more what you're looking for, if you want something a little more traditional then the VWH is more your sort of neck.

2) What finish do you prefer? I LOVE the 90th's looks but I can't get used to the feel of the body finish which is why I don't have one

3) Can YOU tell a difference in the sound, and which do you prefer?

Personally I'm afraid if I wanted to get any use from the guitar, I'd have to go for the JEM7VWH, but if I wanted to impress my friends I'd probably get the 90th.
I guess I need to try both of them first, because I am going to use it to play.

To the Jem90TH.
What is the size of the frets?

Thanks for the info!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 04:30 PM

I think hte 90 is 6105 like the 7vwh, but the specs are somewhere on this site (and I'm too lazy to look 'm up.. )
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 05:35 PM

jem 7v.

No point buying a collectors guitar to ruin, in my opinion. 7v is a better value.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 09:08 PM

Cool factor: 90th wins by a mile. Nothing else like it. Do you want some bozo coming up to and saying hey, nice 555 you got there??
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 02:01 AM

You sure got yourself in some trouble here mate. Two excellent guitars and you can only choose one.

I don't know what I would choose in your situation. If you are only going to play the guitar the 7vwh is an excellent choise. But on the other hand so is the 90th.

The thing about the 90th is that if you are going to use it for gigs etc, it will get beaten up.

I bought my 90th back in 98 (it was 1998 right when they first came out) and over the years it has really taken some abuse. Some dings here and there and lets not even mention the scratchplate. I feel kinda bad having a collectable guitar and not having it in mint condition. it's not even in good condition. Maybe somewhere between medium and good. I don't know really. But since I'll never sell it, I guess it's ok.

Like I said, the 90th is an excellent guitar for collecting/playing/whatever, but if you are only looking for a guitar to play with, then I'd go with the 7vwh.

Anyhoo, it's your decision and I'm sure what ever you choose it will be the right one for you.

Best of luck to you!
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Lyndgohrd
You sure got yourself in some trouble here mate. Two excellent guitars and you can only choose one.

I don't know what I would choose in your situation. If you are only going to play the guitar the 7vwh is an excellent choise. But on the other hand so is the 90th.

The thing about the 90th is that if you are going to use it for gigs etc, it will get beaten up.

I bought my 90th back in 98 (it was 1998 right when they first came out) and over the years it has really taken some abuse. Some dings here and there and lets not even mention the scratchplate. I feel kinda bad having a collectable guitar and not having it in mint condition. it's not even in good condition. Maybe somewhere between medium and good. I don't know really. But since I'll never sell it, I guess it's ok.

Like I said, the 90th is an excellent guitar for collecting/playing/whatever, but if you are only looking for a guitar to play with, then I'd go with the 7vwh.

Anyhoo, it's your decision and I'm sure what ever you choose it will be the right one for you.

Best of luck to you!
Thanks!

What is the size of the frets on your 90TH? Same as the 7V wh?
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 10:08 AM
RCB

6105, same as the 7VWH

Both guitars are equally good for playing. Its just that the 90th is unique and cooler. The only thing about it is that you will have to take slightly better care of it.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
V

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB
6105, same as the 7VWH

Both guitars are equally good for playing. Its just that the 90th is unique and cooler. The only thing about it is that you will have to take slightly better care of it.
Thanks!

So the 90TH's neck is Super thin Wizard with 6105 frets?
And the Jem7Vwh is Jem neck with 6105 frets?

Tags
basswood body , buzz feiten , buzz feiten system , classic strat , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , feiten system , jem neck , maple fingerboard , mesa power amp , power amp , strat tone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode