Jem 7vwh or ESP KH-2 "Please Help" - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Jem 7vwh or ESP KH-2 "Please Help"

Can u guys gimme and honest opinion ....Im just new here so can u help me ....whcih should i get cos i am big Metallica fan but love Vai
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 07:22 AM

I personally prefer the VWH, just because I dont really care for rosewood fretboards, and the VWH has ebony Also, I prefer the feel of the lo-pro trem on the jem as opposed to the origional Floyd on the KH2.
-better shred than dead-ANDY
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 07:22 AM

I can garuantee you that almost 100% of people on here will say the JEM. And bearing in mind alot of people hate or dislike Kirk Hammet. Plus this is JEMSITE after all. People are bound to go with the JEM. And its a cool guitar.

I on the other hand think hes pretty cool. I saw them last week! \m/
Anyway.....I have played both and.....I actually would go with the KH2. There is just something about it.

As long as it is the proper ESP version, or even the Relic version. They are just all-round cool guitars. I love everything about them.
But at the end of the day, its your choice I suppose.
If I was you I would try and play both. And just get whatever one you prefer! Happy Hunting!
Gary - The.Godfather
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 07:29 AM

Come on thats the wrong place for that question...I'd say take a JS thats better then every JEM or KH

But you should play both (or all three) and then make a decision.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Personally I'd say take either, probably whichever takes your fancy more. They're both great guitars, but I'd say that the JEM has a more unique voice than the KH-2, so if you love Vai's sound and want to sound similar, the JEM is what I'd recommend. If you want a more generic sounding guitar, one that isn't so easily identifiable as sounding Vai-ish, then go for the ESP.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 10:35 AM

jem man its the right thing to do
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 10:37 AM
dex

The neck 81 through DS1 on full into the clean channel will give you the violin like Vai tone no probs at all and to top it off it wil sustain way longer than Evolutions can manage.

The only radical difference is that the Jem has a single coil and split hums/single (2 and 4) that can produce some straty tones.
If you are planing to play clean a lot get the Jem, otherwise get whichever one you like more.

ilia
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 02:22 PM
Fry

I personally love the feel of esp guitars more than any others. I'm not saying that a jem is lower quality in any way, i am just saying i love the feel of esp's. you should try the esp m-II, it is basically the same thing as the kirk hammet, but different p/u, and a set neck (this is a negative in my opinion), and way cheaper. plus it doesn't have kirks name on it, so when you get sick of metallica, you won't get sick of your guitar. but you should just go with what you feels best to you. i have one of the ugliest and cheaper jems out there in my opinion (dbk), but it felt better to me than the higher end models.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
I can garuantee you that almost 100% of people on here will say the JEM.
Specially because this is the Jemsite.

But I tested both and have to say the VWH is more interesting than the KH
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 09:45 PM

I would tend to agree with most of the guys that have posted so far. I have 2 KH-2's (one is a Ouija) and while I love them, they are diferrent guitars with different sets of applications. The Jem can't be beat in terms of its ability to make some clean sounds that the KH can't. EMG humbuckers are not my favorite clean sound...lol By the same token, there's a bit more metal to the KH that you can't quite bring from the Jem. Not just in tone, but in feel... I tend to play aggressively with the KH whether I want to or not... I just gravitate that way.
Nice girl or Dominatrix...either can be fun...
(did I say that out loud?)
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 09:47 PM

If you like to play clean as well as heavy then I'd suggest the jem, purely because of the Hum-Single-Hum configuration.

I've found it hard to get a nice clean sound out of the KH with it's active humbuckers. It's doable. But I found I needed to tweak the amp a bit.

wil..
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 11:35 PM

I say the Jem
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Well what u think?

please bear in mind that i already have a peavey woflgang with 2 EMG 81's ......SO u think i shud go for the Jem?
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 02:12 PM

In that case then yeah. The JEM would be a lovely addition to that.
I say go for it.
Gary - The.Godfather
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 02:41 PM

In feel i think they are a little bit similar youve gotta remember the pickguard thing is a big difference as well as the extra single coil which makes the jem a little more versatile* I would consider this an unbiased opinion since i own neither* The Kh seems to have quite a bit more low end than the other maybe just the pickup design but im not sure. Anyways one has the original *real* floyd, while the jem has the edge. Truthfully the edge is far advanced from the original design and is a far better trem design. They both have two octave necks , but the jem has a little better neck joint design than the kh=2. Also i feel the headstock design on the jem is better but we all know about my arguments on that. Its all about what your going to be using these guitars for

Tags
coil split , esp mii , headstock design , kirk hammet , neck joint , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , signature guitar , sounding guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to setup a jem 7vwh
will an original floyd rose fit into jem 7vwh?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode