jem 7vwh - neck thickness and other stuff - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

jem 7vwh - neck thickness and other stuff

i haven't really had the chance to try one out and am not too hip on the white/gold thing. *i was wondering, maybe i would like to get one or something cuz i HAVEN'T SPENT THAT MUCH MONEY THIS YEAR.....NOT!!!!! *i have a total GAS attack coming on and i'm trying to control it but all this talk about the 7vwh is driving me nuts. *i like thin necks, like on the DNA, 7dbk, 7vdy with vine inlay, you know, like that. *i don't like the old jem fat necks...the original jems like with the pyramid inlays. *anyway, can someone give me maybe a mental picture of the feel of it and what it's like? *i know it is hard to do that. thanks. *and it looks like they went down in price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 12:01 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
jem 7vwh

all necks are subject to vary, since they're hand-finished.

That said... the VWH is thinner than the original 777 necks with a flatter profile, not quite as thin as the DBK. Trying one should be no problem at a local guitar superstore... glen
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

jem 7vwh

thanks glen
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-29-2001, 03:51 PM
rvj

jem 7vwh

The necks are thinner than the original maples. But thicker than the DNA's and DBK's. I used those examples because that's what you have. If you like, I could bring my VWH over when I pick up the 90th. Let you play it through your set-up to get a good feel. But hey, control that G.A.S. man... go for the townhouse while interest rates are still low. 7VWH's are always available, interest rates are unpredictable. Personally I love my VWH, of all my Jems it's the best sounding and feeling. Thats why I want another with the Ebony and Evo's. As far as looks... I wish it had a different color scheme. Like black and chrome. --rvj

Tags
pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode