jem 7VWH or RG470bk - i'm stuck; GAS ATTACK!!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

jem 7VWH or RG470bk - i'm stuck; GAS ATTACK!!!!

ok, i'm having a G.A.S. attack that has been eating away at me. *i've been good...haven't bought anything for a couple months. *all this talk about a 7vwh is making me crazy. *i tried one and i kinda like it but i only had less than a minute with it a few weeks ago. *

i don't really need the guitar but i WANT IT!!!! *i love the ebony board, etc etc. *

then here is the other thing... a friend of mine is selling his black RG470. *it's mint...maybe 2 weeks old. *he's selling it for $400. *i used to have one and i adored it!!! *i loved it!!!! *i sold it on ebay cuz i needed the money...even though i only got $350 for it. *

so what do i do? *get the 7vwh like an idiot when i have 2 great jems already... or..... get the RG 470 which i love. *i know i'll love the 7vwh as well. *

or i could get nothing and be smart with money for a change.... *

I CAN'T JUST GET NOTHING THOUGH!!!!! *i'm slipping!! *G.A.S. taking over..... must think clearly !!!!

i even said to my girlfriend last week..... i think i'm going to order a new RG470 again like i had. *she said, ok. *i have been thinking about that guitar and i knew it was wrong to sell it but i thought i would be happy with my jems. *for some reason i could really DIG IN to that RG. *it was easier to make the notes do what i wanted. *i don't know, there was just something about that guitar. *

that RG is the best i have found so far that i love. *i love my jem 7dbk but at times it feels bulky

any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 06:25 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
jem 7VWH or RG470bk

$400 for an RG470

i don't think so... that is not a purchase i would recommend... glen
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

jem 7VWH or RG470bk

glen, really??? *it's brand new. *sent to him in the box from ibanez only a couple weeks ago. *brand new mint. *what price were you thinking? *they are nice guitars. *i know the 7vwh would kill it in a second but i was looking for opinions.

thanks,
~ steve
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 06:40 PM

jem 7VWH or RG470bk

Shred....no question here....VWH. *No contest....TRS vs. Edge. *Dimarzios vs. Ibanez. *Alder vs. Basswood (at least in this case). *Enough said.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

jem 7VWH or RG470bk

yeah dude, i know. *good points. *i was thinking of price.... could save like $1100 !!! *that is all. *hmmmm decisions decisions. *maybe the 7vwh if i can get the money.... might do it, or might not. *damn G.A.S.:glare:
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 07:31 PM

jem 7VWH or RG470bk

RG's are like bricks in a wall, a 7VWH is like a marble floor with heating...
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 08:34 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
jem 7VWH or RG470bk

Quote:
shredmaster on 6:35 pm on Jan. 4, 2002
glen, really??? *it's brand new. *sent to him in the box from ibanez only a couple weeks ago. *brand new mint. *what price were you thinking? *they are nice guitars. *i know the 7vwh would kill it in a second but i was looking for opinions. thanks, ~ steve
the TRS kills the axe and resale. when you figure i paid $600 shipped for for this axe from a dealer online, it sort of puts the used market in better perspective. I think somewhere between the 470 and the VWH is the answer (if the VWH is over budget). Good luck... glen
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-04-2002, 10:57 PM

jem 7VWH or RG470bk

shredmaster,

I have a MINT 1999 VWH that I'm now looking to sale. *Email me if you're interested!

later,
Chris
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-05-2002, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

jem 7VWH or RG470bk

HIS ROYAL DARKNESS,

you don't have an email on file here, so you email me and we'll go from there and discuss stuff alright? *i did try and send you a mail via your jemsite mailbox. *anyway, mail me... [email protected]
thanks man,

steve

ps.... i'm moving this weekend so it might be hard for me to check email. *then again i can barely be away from the pc for more than 8 hours so this might not be an issue.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 05:28 PM
rvj

jem 7VWH or RG470bk

Shred, what are you doing? Control that G.A.S!!! I thought you were selling your 90th for financial reasons. Don't blow money on yet another guitar, you have plenty. Think about things that are equally important... (TownHouse). Be patient, guitars are always available. But if you really have to choose between the 470 or the VWH... the choice is crystal clear. 7VWH all the way. --rvj
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-2002, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

jem 7VWH or RG470bk

rvj, that gas attack is over and i didn't get anything. *was going to buy it for my brother but he isn't worthy of it. *hehehe. **

(Edited by shredmaster at 10:26 am on Jan. 10, 2002)
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2002, 12:36 AM

jem 7VWH or RG470bk

I was going to say what rvj said and put up a link to your 90th auction.

how about that hypnostist? *maybe she can help you figure out why you feel the need to own so many guitars. *Maybe she can hep you figure out why you're constantly crying out for attention on the forum too.

~Kenny
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2002, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

jem 7VWH or RG470bk

i thought about the hypnotist. *i'm sure she would be able to hep in this situation.

"how am i crying out for attention?" *interesting. *if you're referring to the video i'm making, i wanted to be creative and share something with you guys. *i wanted to do something creative. *i simply love this site like the rest of you and enjoy posting stuff and helping people out when i can. *i'm far from an attention-getter. *i think i'm good at helping people and occasionally look for help from those who seem knowledgeable. *that is the only way to better myself as a person and a musician. *i thought that was the purpose of these boards.

who's crying out for attention? *the person posting on the boards?, or the one who calls him on it?

(Edited by shredmaster at 3:02 pm on Jan. 10, 2002)
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2002, 07:29 PM

jem 7VWH or RG470bk

Quote:
the TRS kills the axe and resale. when you figure i paid $600 shipped for for this axe from a dealer online, it sort of puts the used market in better perspective. I think somewhere between the 470 and the VWH is the answer (if the VWH is over budget). Good luck... glen
For the love of God, that is beautiful.

I realise I'm not advancing the discussion here, but that's a stunning piece of wood. Christ.

Anyway, about the original question, I reckon it's crazy even considering the 470. *It didn't take long after I got into Ibanez all those years ago to come up with a good rule: don't touch anything below a 500-series model number. *S-series, RG, anything... that's my guide. *Below 500 is where you get into TRS territory and worse craftsmanship - not a nice place to be.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2002, 07:36 PM

jem 7VWH or RG470bk

That's what I've come to realize too.

Tags
ebony board

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode