jem 90 ham - jem 90 ham - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-19-2001, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

jem 90 ham - jem 90 ham

hi guys. *if anyone knows of where i can get a jem 90 ham please let me know. *i checked at rich's and he's out of stock right now. *much appreciated! *steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-19-2001, 11:54 AM

jem 90 ham

Steve,
The guy I bought my DBK from has a 90. *Not sure what all you want....here's the catch:

he doesn't have the certificate or the original case.

I think his price was around $1100. *

Email me if you're at all interested, and I'll get you his email address.

It would take me awhile, but I found a new one in TX for $1800 from a dealer. *I should be able to track it back down.

Good Luck!
Chris
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-19-2001, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

jem 90 ham

chris,

yes, please let me know about the used one for $1100 and the new one as well! *i would like to have one! *thanks so much man! *i would consider the used one cuz i'm going to play it, not collect it! *don't care about the cert's. *if it's not beat up and the neck is straight and the locking nuts aren't warped, etc, i'm there! *thanks man! *really appreciate it! *does the used one come with a case at all?

steve
[email protected]
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-19-2001, 05:45 PM

jem 90 ham

Steve,

I will email you Monday, after I talk to him. *It did come with a case, yes.

It might take me awhile to find the new one.

talk to you soon,
Chris
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-19-2001, 08:02 PM

jem 90 ham

Ken Stanton Music (Atlanta) has one. In fact, I checked it out today. It is new and is in great condition. If interested...

Ken Stanton Music
777 Roswell St.
Marietta, Ga. 30060

They also have a new crystal plant.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-19-2001, 11:26 PM

jem 90 ham

We got some here in Japan. Not hard to find at all. If nothing pans out over there let me know.

Scott.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

jem 90 ham

thanks you guys! *i really appreciate it. *what is a decent price to pay? *that ed vroman jerk wants $2500 for it and if you don't place an order over the phone on the first call it's $100 more! *he's on serious drugs! *this is that internet jerk that charges $1000 more for any guitar. *i'll check out the stores and if you guys could, also let me know what the ones in japan are going for and where to get one, etc. thanks!
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 10:22 AM
rvj

jem 90 ham

Steve, G.C. in Arlington Hts had a 90th, I'm not sure if they still do. It's used and has been there for at least two years. They originally wanted $2800 and I told them they would never sell it at that price. About two months ago they finally lowered the price. It's not in the best of shape, scratched pickguard, missing knobs, and the trem was completely out of whack. But, with a little work it will be an excellent guitar. I think the price is now $1800 or something like that. I'm going there this afternoon and I'll check to see if it's still there. ---ron
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 10:47 AM

jem 90 ham

I just saw one advertised here for 198,000 Yen which comes to about 1600.00 but they might go lower than that. Then you have to factor in shipping of course which can go anywhere from 50-90.00 depending on where you live. I'll keep a look out.

Scott.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

jem 90 ham

thanks guys! *where are you looking for these ones in japan? *i would like to talk to them.

ron; i saw and played the one in arlington hts. *it has been there for a long time you're right. *i should buy it just cuz i feel it has been waiting for me. *BUT you're right, it is beat up. *they want $1800 for it with no case! *i'm checking around. *thanks man!
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 11:52 PM

jem 90 ham

Japanese guitar magazines. They have tons of ads in them. I just look thru them all and if I see something that catches my eye(Jem, JS) then I just ask my Japanese friends for the translation and go from there.
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

jem 90 ham

big al, *i wound up buying that one from ken stanton music. *the people were great there and really really helpful! *i appreciate it! *it's right here under the desk at work; it was just delivered. *i haven't checked it out yet but i'm sure it's killer! *thanks again! *i think i'm done collecting guitars for awhile now! *i know that is said and never remember but i have to! *this is getting expensive! *thanks again to all you guys!

steve
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 11:41 AM

jem 90 ham

Congrats on your '90 shredmaster.
You just need a '10 now to have a complete collection of JEM anniversary models. Are you sure you're finished collecting
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

jem 90 ham

SalemB,

dude!! *i need to be checked in to a GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) clinic! *i was serisously thinking that! *strait (sp?) jacket and all! *i love guitars too much; jems mainly. *they are art. *

am i done? *money says i have been more than done.

maybe i need counseling. *

steve
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2001, 12:44 PM

jem 90 ham

So you got the one from Ken Stanton! I will have to stop buy and pick up my commission check!
At least now I won't be tempted by that 90th. everytime I go to K.S.
Closed Thread

Tags
crystal planet , ebony fretboard , guitar mag , joe satriani , local music shop , locking nut , locking nuts , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , steve vai , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode