Jem arrived today :) - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Jem arrived today :)

I just received my VSBL, courtesy of Rich. Thanks to those that recommended Rich at Ibanez Rules (foureyezonme, jono, cerealk), I feel far more comfortable using his services than buying from a shop in the UK where every man and his dog has played the instrument and the set-up is for sh!te...and it's a darn sight cheaper too, even after the customs charges.

I had to pick up the guitar from the Post Office on the way to work so I haven't yet been able to play it properly. First impression though is "wow!" Such a nice instrument, and personally it's my favourite looking Jem too. Time to retire my beloved Hamer (or maybe try out that Plek set-up thing on it).

Can't wait to hear the sound through an amp...today will be a long day!

Great job Rich, you da man.

Ving - a proud Jem owner at last
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Congrats on the new JEM I love the VSBL too, and I can feel the urge to pick one up growing. Unfortunately the bank account isn't growing at the same rate
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 09:22 AM

yeah Rich rox!
Got my JS1000BTB from him and even after postage/import tax, it was still cheaper than getting it in the UK.

James
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 12:00 PM

Congrats!!!!

I'll buy one too when I can get those lotto numbers correct...
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 01:55 PM

CONGRATS!

This is cool, now I won't be so lonely anymore. the VSBL's are great. We'll show 'em. Still working on getting pics together for the gallery. No digital camera and no scanner makes the process a little slow.

I'm currently setting mine up with 10's but I have to pick up another spring.

Did you notice the improvement in the frets and scalloping?

Enjoy it in good health!

Mike 777 Haug
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 02:17 PM

Good for you Sir. If I ever buy another Jem (more like when ) I think Rich will be getting my custom too. I won't be paying UK prices, that's for sure.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 03:25 PM
rvj

Congrats on the VSBL. Enjoy!!!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Now I've had chance to play it through an amp I'm even more impressed. In some ways I wish I'd bought a Jem years ago, SO much easier to play than any of my other guitars...but then, I probably wouldn't be able to justify getting a gorgeous VSBL if I already had a Jem so I'm kinda glad I didn't too

Hey Mike, lets not boost the VSBL's rep too much eh, we don't want everyone to have one As far as the frets and scalloping go I have nothing to compare it against, never having played a Jem for more than a few minutes in a guitar shop. All I can say is that the workmanship is outstanding on all counts.

I could go on for ages about how nice it is...how easy it is to get around the neck, how much the LoPro kicks the ass of a Floyd, and the sound...damn, I love the way it sqeuals through a Marshall! But I guess you guys have all been there before...

Suffice to say I am one happy geeza

(I'll try and get some gallery pics together as well, I'm sure I can lay my hands on a digi camera somewhere)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 04:15 PM
Vendor

And see, you didn't have to wait near as long as you thought!

I'm starting to solicit Feedback for my new Feedback page, so if you feel like it and have a second, drop a note, it's awefully empty with a "keep up the good work" as the only post so far
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Heheh, yeah, was 8 days in total from the day the bank transfer went through...and if I'd known I would have to pick it up from the Post Office I coulda grabbed it yesterday

I'll drop by the feedback page later and say a few kind words
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 04:36 PM

Congrats!! JEM rules.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 08:18 PM
Vendor

Hey, thanks guys, now the page isn't so barren I especially liked this classic!!

I've been dealing with "Ibanez Rules!!" since November 17th, 1999. Rich is a consummate professional and very patient -I've been "kicking tires" on his website for probably over a year, and he still hasn't tried to kill me.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemB
Congrats!!!!

I'll buy one too when I can get those lotto numbers correct...
Ditto!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 11:24 AM

how much did you pay for the taxing/sending stuff????
i live in the netherlands... so it should be at same line....
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 01:24 PM

Ving, it's nice to be one of a few sometimes, though, isn't it! Welcome to the "JEM family". If you get a chance to comapre the 7VSBL to another Jem (within the past year or so) you'll see the differences I mean.

Mike 777 Haug

Tags
guitar shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode