JEM body shape vs regular RG body shape - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

Question JEM body shape vs regular RG body shape

Hi,

as far as I know regular RG bodies are practically the same if you compare 6, 7 and 8 string bodies (only the necks are wider).

I am sure Universe and RG7 have a slightly different body shape (lower horn cutaway).

How does JEM body shape compare to regular RG 6 body shape?

Thing is, I have RG7 hardcase for sale and I need confirmation for a promising buyer if JEM guitar would fit inside it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 06:38 AM

Reviews: 21
Re: JEM body shape vs regular RG body shape

If it's the molded RG1527 case I think it's a little different.
Not necessarily on topic but IMO the RG body resonates better not having a big chunk of wood missing from the body.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 08:05 AM

all square heal bodies are exactly the same shape - universe, jem and rg.

so no, there is no deeper cutaway, it looks so because neck pocket on seven string necks is wider but still that does not affect the shape.

AANJ is i different story i guess, but still all high end ones are the same shape - rg6, rg7 and universe. I think the RGX and other chepos are different. And the new RGD's obviously...
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 12:33 PM

My 777DY is not the same shape as my two other RGs. The upper and lower cutaway horns are not nearly as sharp. They come to a rounded off point. I've noticed that the Jem shape looks like it became more pointy through the years to now where it looks like it the same shape as the current RGs.

Tags
body , hardcase , jem , prestige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode