Jem buying help... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Jem help...

Hello all

i am on the market for buy a jem. but i was just wondering which model would be the best for me.

i have a gibson LP, Fender strat and a ibanez rg 450dx with some evo's and a ofr

i love my ibanez because it sounds great and feels great but wat i hav heard about JEM's make the rg's sound like dirt.

i hav about $1500-2000

i like all three of my current guitars it's just i want somthing different.

Wat do you all think is the best jem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Re: Jem help...

sorry JEMSITE i put it under the wrong topic....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 06:17 PM

Re: Jem buying help...

I'f you've got a budget like that, get a J-Custom RG8670
You get better wood, better craftsmanship, better vine and all you give up is a hole in the body.

~K
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 06:34 PM

Reviews: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
i have a gibson LP, Fender strat and a ibanez rg 450dx with some evo's and a ofr

i love my ibanez because it sounds great and feels great but wat i hav heard about JEM's make the rg's sound like dirt.

i hav about $1500-2000

With that kind of money- you're comfortably within reach of practically all of the Ibanez range.

Given that you already own an RG with Evolutions in it, I don't think a JEM7VWH or JEM7VSBL would be a terribly unique choice, since all you're getting then is an alder body instead of basswood.

If you are interested in a JEM specifically, I would hunt down a JEM7DBK at a bargain price. The Breeds would definately be a difference from the RG, and you get the JEM look and feel.

If you could have the JEM for under or around a grand, which should be fully possible if you buy a used one from a reputable dealer, then you could have money left over for another totally different guitar.

I guess you could go all out and shell out the money for a JEM77BRMR, so long as it's understood that you are buying nothing more than a DBK with a dressed up body. Same wood, same neck, same pickups.

If I was you, I'd buy a used JEM, sell the RG, and spend the money I saved on something else great- like a great amp or a totally different guitar.

Have fun!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

hey thanks for the Reply's

i was thinking about getting a good second hand one , i live in AUS and there isn't a big range. my friend has a jem 555 that he want to sell but my RG sounds and feels so much better than it.

i don't really need anything else " amps, more guitars "

i just would like a jem as they are the coolest dam guitar around and ow sound like gold.. lol

Thanks

Shep

Tags
alder body , fender strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode