JEM Cases (molded & shaped) - Help with fitting a JEM case - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

JEM Cases (molded & shaped) - Help with fitting a JEM case

I'm well aware that there are countless cases that will fit a JEM or UV that you can get from Ibanez, but they're rectangular and I HATE THAT! I reckon if I'm plunking down two grand for an axe then I can be picky about the hardshell I keep it in. MF sells an SKB case (shaped and molded) that "fits most electric guitars," does anyone know if a JEM will fit in these cases? Thanks for help in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 03:16 AM
Vendor

JEM Cases (molded & shaped)

If they offer the M100c molded Ibanez case I'd go for that. A Jem actually fits in it better than it does in a UV1000c, it just doesn't offer as much protection. *The SKB will work though, it will fit, but not as form fit as a M100 or UV1000.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 10:10 AM

Also, SKB cases were designed for 22 fret guitars and Jackson style head stocks. The Ibanez head stock will actually poke into the foam and leave about 1/2" between the outside of the case and the tip of the head stock. One good bash on that end of the case and you have a damaged guitar.

I would also go with the M100c.

J>
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Hey, thanks guys, I'll check out that M100c. Thanks again for the help.

-LZRDKNG
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2001, 05:30 PM

The M100c looks like it'll "wear" better than the 1000 and it does look cooler because of the huge molded Ibanez logo.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 03:15 AM

While talking about the M100C hardshell,
Does a RG7-421 fit in there?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2001, 03:22 AM
Vendor

It will 'fit', but the tip of the headstock will be touching the inside of the case. Same fit for all 7's. Not recomended.

Tags
electric guitar , fret guitar , fret guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode