JEM Choice.. help me decide - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

JEM Choice.. help me decide

I own a JEM7VWH, JEM777SK and S540LTD.

Now if i lose the S540LTD i can gain another JEM7VWH.. at a great deal.

Now I absolutly love the feel of the JEM's they play exactly how i like and I love the look and everything about them, but the S540LTD w/ DiMarzio's just has this ultimately ballsy tone n roars like a trooper.. also plays slick as poop off a stick etc..

Now do i be happy with 2 JEM's and 1 S540LTD for a different tone.. or do I let my JEM fettish take over and become a JEM fantatic lol..

now im asking one seriously bias set of guitarists here.. but believe me im not just asking u guys hehe.. im totally stuck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 11:48 AM
RCB

If the deal is good, then get the 7VWH, and then swap it for another guitar. There is no point in having 2 7VWH.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 12:05 PM

unless you mod the 2nd one out either cosmetically or mechanically.
if you like the feel and tone of the S540, keep it, and if it is meant to be w/ a 2nd 7VWH - it will happen..

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 06:42 AM
EyE

Reviews: 1
Jeroen would say "Buy the 7VWH" The more, the better! If you like S540 very much for the sound it gives you, stick to it. Otherwise you'll maybe regret it. I've you have a Jem fettish you would allready done it and bought the other 7VWH. I myself would go for the Jem. Have 2 Jem's myself but haven't got a Jem7VWH yet!!

Just listen to your self
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 07:50 AM

I would keep the S540. Why have two guitars the same when you can have three different? You already have two Jems.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 10:22 PM

try the DBK

I was looking at the same kind of purchasing situation you are (already have a VWH [it's a '93 though], looking to buy a new Jem) and some people here suggested that I look at the DBK Jem, since it has different tonal properties than the VWH. Since I got that suggestion, I am leaning towards getting a DBK instead of a new VWH or VSBL, because my old VWH is perfectly serviceable, and I'd like to have a Jem with a bit of a darker tone. Also, the DBK is cheaper than the white and blue Jems, so it's looking like a pretty good deal to me. Hope you find what you need!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 10:23 PM

try the DBK

I was looking at the same kind of purchasing situation you are (already have a VWH [it's a '93 though], looking to buy a new Jem) and some people here suggested that I look at the DBK Jem, since it has different tonal properties than the VWH. Since I got that suggestion, I am leaning towards getting a DBK instead of a new VWH or VSBL, because my old VWH is perfectly serviceable, and I'd like to have a Jem with a bit of a darker tone. Also, the DBK is cheaper than the white and blue Jems, so it's looking like a pretty good deal to me. Hope you find what you need!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 11:08 AM

i could see having a VSBL and a VWH as the tones are probably the same but the cosmetics are different. i have a DBK and it is a cool guitar but the tone on the VWH and VSBL probably ranks higher. it is probably hard to go wrong with ANY Jem.

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB
If the deal is good, then get the 7VWH, and then swap it for another guitar. There is no point in having 2 7VWH.

Trade it for a 7FP.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2004, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB
I know its already been said but I would trade it for another Jem with a tone your looking for. Best of luck.

Tags
dbk jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode