jem designs - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

jem designs

on the ibanez uk site, it shows the jem77fp, is this still available to buy new? Another thing, how come so many of the really good colours and styles of jems are just completely gone, and we are left with the fabulous choice of black, white or sparkle blue, why not have more colours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 12:35 PM

Hello woodros;
It has already been said but yes, the floral jem is available in the UK (and in France too!)
It has exactly the same specifications as the older model exept for the tremolo (edge pro).
I've got the brand new catalogue from ibanez and there's a picture of the new fp with the new tremolo : Wonderful!!!
"Fab" saw one in germany a few weeks ago!!!
Another thing, "our" "Rich" in a previous topic told me that there was no fabric anymore for the fp since 2000... So 2003 could be the last year ever for the fp... Or Ibanez,now, use some paper instead of fabric;.. I don't know.

I'm glad I'l not the only one who regrets the "colour"... black and white is not wild enough for me!

See ya
JS
Topic = http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtop...715&highlight=
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 01:30 PM

Re: jem designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodros
on the ibanez uk site, it shows the jem77fp, is this still available to buy new? Another thing, how come so many of the really good colours and styles of jems are just completely gone, and we are left with the fabulous choice of black, white or sparkle blue, why not have more colours?
Hi!

Basic colore and retro-influenced styling are "in" right now so it makes sense for Ibanez to be in that "frame of mind" at this time. Jem production models are also subject to Vai's approval, too. Although, when walking through a music store and looking through catalogs, there seems to be a bit more color than there was only a couple of years ago, there's hardly enough resurgance of an interest in bright, bold colors like the older days. But, I would hardly call the VSBL plain. This is quite a strikingly vivid guitar in person.

Mike 777 Haug
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2003, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

i mean, its not that my rg550 would suit everybodies tastes (purple dimarzios green knobs and burnt with hairspray on the body) but its creative, i just wish they had some nice purpley ones. if you look at strats, they have tons and tons of colours. just a thought
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 04:47 AM

Quote:
i mean, its not that my rg550 would suit everybodies tastes (purple dimarzios green knobs and burnt with hairspray on the body) but its creative
burnt? show us a pic! :-D

--c.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 06:16 AM
dex

Quote:
i mean, its not that my rg550 would suit everybodies tastes (purple dimarzios green knobs and burnt with hairspray on the body) but its creative, i just wish they had some nice purpley ones. if you look at strats, they have tons and tons of colours. just a thought
I'd bet you anything that a strat outsels the RG's at at least 10/1 so Fender can afford more colours.

ilia
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 12:56 PM

And while strats have more colors, 90% of them are the same 7 or so they've been selling since the 50's.

Personally, i think sparkle blue is a big improvement over neon green, but i'm well aware i may be the minority here...

-Drew
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdetrait
"Fab" saw one in germany a few weeks ago!!!
*coughcough* It's Fabe *coughcough*

Fabe
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 08:43 AM

Sorry Fabe...
Js

Tags
music store , production model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode