jem dna - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

jem dna

hi all

I have a jem 7 vwh and a jem 10th I love the ibanez jems and find the quality and sound better than any other brand, I wouldabsolutely love to own a jem 2k dna, how rare are these now and does anyone know or have one for sale or would consider selliing one?

any info or advice appreciated

Regards

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 04:25 PM

Re: jem dna

300 made in total. Check the Classifieds on here.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f31/
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 05:49 AM

Reviews: 13

There's one up for sale right now I believe.

-Wolfram
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Hi wolfram
Where is it for sale?
Regards
Bob
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 08:31 AM

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f31/fs...-a-116948.html

They don't go for cheap
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 02:10 PM

Have a look at Rich's Ibanez Rules, banner at the top of the page, Rich has a great gallery of lots of the DNA's and Rich may even know of someone wanting to sell one, he also sells lots of ATD swirls check his site out. Best of Luck as you might well need it.

I know of a neck that had no body so there are 299 out there now at most, I have no idea what happened to the guitar mind you, someone must.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the info guys I guess the 299 (one missing in action is sad) are mainly in the states ? I am in the uk so I guess I would have to pay import duty, is that aprox 20% ?? Are any already in the UK ? they are the coolest guitars. I have the 10th anniversary jem and a 2009 jem I also own a fender strat and tele, also a LP studio and a`63 re issue SG but the ibanez jem does it for me, the best guitar ever designed and produced, that Steve Vai sure got it right, I will keep searching and one day I may get lucky. ha
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 03:30 PM

Yes there are a few in the UK for sure, if the owners will part with them is a different story. Steve PAW cover guitar is in Ireland, don't know why I added this guess it's cause I only found out the other day, who knows. all the best
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the info, I will keep looking,
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobz1b View Post
thanks for the info guys I guess the 299 (one missing in action is sad) are mainly in the states ? I am in the uk so I guess I would have to pay import duty, is that aprox 20% ?? Are any already in the UK ? they are the coolest guitars. I have the 10th anniversary jem and a 2009 jem I also own a fender strat and tele, also a LP studio and a`63 re issue SG but the ibanez jem does it for me, the best guitar ever designed and produced, that Steve Vai sure got it right, I will keep searching and one day I may get lucky. ha
I didnt' like the JEM DNA as much as the JEM10 so despite trying a few of the ones that did come to the UK I didn't actually buy one.

There were a handful brought "officially" into the UK and others have been brought in as "aftermarket" imports so to speak.

To bring a guitar into the UK from the USA you actually have to pay both VAT and import duty. VAT is of course 20% and import duty 3.7%, which you have to all multiply together, so you end up paying just under 125% of the cost.

However in my experience the dollar price tends to be cheaper and the cost of individual swirls varies greatly, so don't let the apparent increase from importing put you off buying from overseas.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
However in my experience the dollar price tends to be cheaper and the cost of individual swirls varies greatly, so don't let the apparent increase from importing put you off buying from overseas.
That used to be truer when the pound was stronger, but the weakness in sterling against other currencies at the moment lowers the margins significantly. A $7000 DNA three years ago would have been 3500 - today, 4500. And that's with higher taxes on top too.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

hi

I bought a jem 10th anniversary from the states last year and the import +vat surprised me but was worth it. The "aftermarket dna" are they authentic, are they part of the original 300?

i appreciate all the input here guys

Just off at a slight tangent - does anyone know is steve vai touring the uk in 2012
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobz1b View Post
hi

I bought a jem 10th anniversary from the states last year and the import +vat surprised me but was worth it. The "aftermarket dna" are they authentic, are they part of the original 300?

i appreciate all the input here guys

When I say aftermarket, I'm talking specifically about the fact that as an individual you're importing yourself rather than through Ibanez's official distributer.Anyone buying an expensive guitar should always try to make sure that they're getting an original...

This is SPARTA!!!

Oh sorry, not "that" 300

Tags
dna wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode