JEM G.A.S problem - where to get help? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

JEM G.A.S problem - where to get help?

what's up guys? *i was wondering if any of you, how many of you hurt yourselves financially by buying jems? *this will sound funny but, i have a problem. *i love them so much and love playing them that i have to have them. *i don't even think, i just buy. *i check out the ones i want and hunt for them and then i buy. *i mean, i'm paying my bills on time but it is totally preventing me from buying a townhome which i don't think i'll ever be able to do. *but i can't stop buying them! *i don't have a big collection since i don't have that much money. *i usually only have 4 at a time. *how many of you have felt or are feeling the financial hurt, if any, just curious. *i'm getting so fed up that i thought, screw it!!!! *i'm selling everything so i can live life again without stress!!! *can anyone relate? *:idunno:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 01:03 PM

JEM G.A.S problem

Well i guess this doesnt qualify, but i have had a really hard time getting my first JEM, because, a week before i get the guitar, (this happened twise, the latest about today) there comes a unexpected bill.... hmmm... *Now im expecting to get my first jem (if it isn't a JS, UV or maybe a JPM) in the end if january....
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 01:21 PM

JEM G.A.S problem

I can definately relate Steve. *I've toned it down significantly since other life priorities have surfaced. *I guess it comes back to will power and looking far enough out in your financial horizon to come up with something that's more important to you than guitars. *Try getting more in to trading instead of buying outright if funds are tight. *

A townhome is a tremendously better investment and would look great with that music room (even if it only has one JEM in it:biggrin. *Good Luck.
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 01:53 PM

JEM G.A.S problem

shredmaster,

why don't you tell us what you got for sale? *I'm sure we could "help!"

later,
Chris
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 02:01 PM
rvj

JEM G.A.S problem

Shred, I hear you loud and clear. I've acquired four Jem/Uv's in the recent past. My latest was a UV77MC that I really did'nt have the money for, but I bought it anyway. Plus, I don't even play the UV or my DNA. I've often thought about selling them both. Financial priorities must come first. The townhouse is a MUCH better priority versus a guitar. I'm a Realtor and can help you achieve the dream of owning your own home, it's easier than you think. I'm an expert with first time buyers and financing. If you need some free advice, or would like to know what you qualify for, please contact me. --rvj
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

JEM G.A.S problem

rvj, i will be contacting you on the home matter. *we'll see what can happen. *the issue is, after buying guitars and the studio, money is really tight. *GAS attack! *my dream is to have the studio in the basement, even if just one jem is there. *i have the dna and dont' play it either, as we discussed. *it's a good and bad investment. *
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 04:54 PM

JEM G.A.S problem

Ghee, rvj.. Would your theories and tips also work in Holland? You won't believe the trouble we have here to even rent a small (like the size of my kitchen) appartment... The house prices are through the roof here, there is a gigantic waiting list for renting...(like 4 years).
Anyway, I always make sure I have limited funds available for projects or the occasional lucky find. After such happens, I usually need to recover for a few months, but without problems. I had some cash for a project, but last week I found a dirt cheap Jem. So now I have to wait one or two months before I can invest in my project again. Or I may decide to cash in on my luck, make some profit and use the profit for other usefull stuff, and continue with my project. But december is a bad month for selling stuff.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 07:57 AM

JEM G.A.S problem

I share the disease but I refuse to sell any JEMs no matter how broke I am.
I comfort myself by the fact that impulse buying a $1000 JEM is nothing compared to impulse buying a $20000 Bmw (Did that once :biggrin: )
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 12:27 PM

JEM G.A.S problem

I'd rather sell body parts than part with equipment. No way is anything going unless I absolutely never ever ever need it again...

I have bought stuff and not eaten properly, and every time I see something I want I come up with some hairbrained sheme to get hold of the money. If it's just in the realms of possibility I'll go for it without thinking. Then get crippled for 2/3 months, then do it again...

But for the moment it's still fun...
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 04:45 PM

JEM G.A.S problem

Tree man, I know your pain....I am the same exact way....I am currently scheming on how to score a 7VWH....and I really can't afford one! *LOL
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 05:23 PM

JEM G.A.S problem

There are just a few items I will never sell, my main Jem7vwh, and my Roland D-50. The latter is worth nothing, but that was the jem of roland synths when I was younger (not that I'm that old). I wanted that D-50 like I wanted my 7vwh. My uncle had a D-50 and I remeber when I was a little kid, I'd spend whole evenings at that thing just making noise. It still sounds great, there's no synth like it.
I saved and worked like crazy, and when I was 17 I bought it. *

...And then I got a guitar.... :biggrin:
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 05:26 PM

JEM G.A.S problem

The answer is "patience". *Just work hard and be conservative. *I had to wait ten years for my first jem and halfway decent amp. *Focus and work toward a goal. * WILL POWER my friends!!!!!
Out,
GP *
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 05:35 PM

JEM G.A.S problem

Will power? That's the same stuff you need for quitting smoking, right?

I knew I was missing something.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 05:44 PM

JEM G.A.S problem

:rotf:
Out,
GP
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-14-2001, 11:33 PM

JEM G.A.S problem

Funny how when a guitar comes up, we can figure out all kinds of ways to make money, but when there isn't a guitar there, it's nearly impossible to get money and keep it huh? *I'm living a life of credit, I need to quit that, it's gonna kill me, and the last thing I want is to have to declare bankruptcy!!!!
The guitars stay, everything else can go, anyone wanna buy a sister?

Tags
guitar shop , les paul , paul gilbert , playing guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode