Jem Inspiration - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Jem Inspiration

Hi all, I'm about to wax lyrical so please grab a cuppa before diving in...

First, this site is the best haven for Jem enthusiasts. The first time I saw Steve with his VWH was at the Agora theater in Cleveland. Of course, I was hooked. Everything Glen said was true... showmanship, dress, theatrics, rolled into a "smart and stable package" as he puts it. Can't say it better really. A crowning glory was when I actually got an email from Steve. Pretty in depth and totally polite, also not "standard fan mail" response at all. My respect skyrocketed. Sure, he's just a guy who happens to play the guitar pretty frickin well, but I saw a "behind the scenes" on VH1 documentary on Metallica. Omg, I had no idea they were so thick. While I love their music, they should stick to writing music and playing, not doing interviews

Then I saw Steve with a GMC. Instantly had to have one, although the only Jem available other than the VWH and I think the VBK at the time was the 90HAM. I had that for awhile, and like a fool I traded it for a DBK so I could create a GMC swirl. Herc did it for me, and I love it. But man, I miss that HAM.

Stay with me, this is actually getting somewhere. Now, I have two kids and a beautiful wife. Love the family. However, I almost never get to practice or play, and I haven't done what I set out to do with the damn GMC custom in the first place: write a guitar tune!

Is anyone else in the forum on this boat? Every so often I'll take a trip back here and gaze at the Jems, listen to Vai and Satch and wish I could be 19 again. I wouldn't trade the decisions I made for the world, but there's a part of me that really needs to play and jam and write tunes. Every so often I'll get a great riff down but it never goes anywhere. Anyway... that's part 1.

Part 2 is: there's no info on Glen anywhere around here!! It might be nice to actually have some knowledge of the person who started this whole place. The pics in the gallery show he has quite a collection and I think he lives in D.C.. Any other info available? I'm not looking for address and phone # (gah, no way), just maybe a bio section or something.

So here's a salute to those who still love the Jem in spirit.

-Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 11:19 PM

Re: Jem Inspiration

Glen was born in the mean streets of Jersey, at the age of 3 he left home to be raised by wolves. His journey was one of great peril. One dark night he was surrounded by a bear, a pride of lions, a rhinocerous, and a shark. 2 Voltures circled overhead waiting for his emminent demise, but did Glen die like a pusssy? Hell no, he rolled up his sleeves , put on his ass kicking boots and handed out the most embarassing ass whooping of those animals lives. He hit the bear so hard, the bear's unborn grandchildren felt it.
After this PETA came in and started protesting Glen's heroic deeds, so Glen took out his (probably) large member and proceeded to beat the protesters within an inch of their lives. Some say the mushroom prints are still visible on the foreheads of his victims.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 12:04 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Jem Inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
so Glen took out his (probably) large member and proceeded to beat the protesters within an inch of their lives.
I remember reading about that in the NY Times...

Large member and inch does not go together in the same sentence when alluding to a large phallus...makes the reader envision Tiny Tim. Which, I think was not your intended vision.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 01:05 AM

Red face Re: Jem Inspiration

Quote:
Glen was born in the mean streets of Jersey, at the age of 3 he left home to be raised by wolves. His journey was one of great peril. One dark night he was surrounded by a bear, a pride of lions, a rhinocerous, and a shark. 2 Voltures circled overhead waiting for his emminent demise, but did Glen die like a pusssy? Hell no, he rolled up his sleeves , put on his ass kicking boots and handed out the most embarassing ass whooping of those animals lives. He hit the bear so hard, the bear's unborn grandchildren felt it.
After this PETA came in and started protesting Glen's heroic deeds, so Glen took out his (probably) large member and proceeded to beat the protesters within an inch of their lives. Some say the mushroom prints are still visible on the foreheads of his victims.
Dont think ive ever laughed so hard in my life. Great story!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 01:25 AM

Reviews: 1
Talking Re: Jem Inspiration

What's a "volture"?

Are those groupies that follow the Mars Volta?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 02:21 AM

Nah, a few years ago, the scavenging birds were altered from having a scarf joint in their neck to a volute. The hump in their neck apparently affords them slightly more biting power, hence the name change.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Thanx for shedding light on this mystery !
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 07:15 AM

Thanks Cid! The mushroom prints comment made me spit my coffee on my computer.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

I could trade the story of why the Fatman (ever play the PC game Wing Commander? He did the soundtrack for that) is called the Fatman even though he isn't fat for the REAL Glen bio.

Not a fair trade I'm sure.

God knows he might have gone the way of the [email protected] and imbued this site with the magic power to maintain itself...
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:

lol that was ****ing hilarious lol
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaholic View Post
What's a "volture"?

Are those groupies that follow the Mars Volta?
No man, they are vultures who shoot electricity from their eyes.

I bet all you guys who made fun of my misspelling are feeling pretty stupid now.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 03:03 PM

I'd like to know more about this "Miss Pelling"!!

Is she a conquest or an acquaintance??
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 03:08 PM

If she was a conquest, no one would be making fun of her. Unless she was about 350lbs, but if that were the case I wouldn't bother pointing her out.

Tags
gmc swirl , scarf joint

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode