JEM JR in DY and SK: Rumor or confirmed? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

JEM JR in DY and SK: Rumor or confirmed?

My apologies if I missed an existing post here. I looked and didn't see anything.

I caught a discussion (w/ pics) on one of the RG/Jem related Facebook pages recently that mentioned the possibility that the Jem JR is coming out soon in at least 2 of the fluorescent 30th Jem777 colors.

Can anyone here corroborate this? Is this supposed to be a summer NAMM surprise that leaked?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:13 AM

Re: JEM JR in DY and SK: Rumor or confirmed?

Edit..

Last edited by Takin' a Ride; 06-18-2017 at 11:38 AM.
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

You censored yourself?

On this subject someone posted a picture again, it looks like an Ibanez catalog excerpt but from where I have no idea.
post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
You censored yourself?

On this subject someone posted a picture again, it looks like an Ibanez catalog excerpt but from where I have no idea.
No I made my comment before I saw that someone is circulating pictures of these. Some people seem to believe it's a hoax though.
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 08:21 PM
Vendor

My rep said no. It's always possible they're not telling them, but that would be unlikely.
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 02:00 AM

Someone on the FB page had it confirmed by their rep? Would be seriously cool that's for sure.
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 02:57 AM

I'd buy one if true.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 05:34 AM

I'm not sure what to make of it. The wines in white seems both a bit odd and a little typical Ibanez.

Easier to photoshop on just the body of an Jr and skip the work of fiddling with the vine. But at the same time, it makes sense to distinguish between Jem Jr and the ordinary Jems that way.

My gut is telling me someone photoshop'ed a 555 neck onto a normal Jem, but I cant fint the picture anymore.
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 10:25 AM

Yeah, I saw that image/cut sheet floating around. I didn't like the idea of it anyway. I'd post the picture here, but I'm assuming this site doesn't want that here. The cut sheet specs shows INF1/S1/2 (Infinity) pickups in it, and I believe those were discontinued in 2015, the new Jem Jrs have Quantum pickups in it. So that may be a slip-up by the creator of that image.
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 10:30 AM

I really don't understand why jem related rumors should be censored. I understand that people with professional dealings with Hoshino and Ibanez must be careful, but if the censorship is based on advertising on the site, I has a foul smell to it.

Anyways, I find it hard to believe that they would use the JRs for this type of thing. 555 og 505s yes, but Jr?
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 10:50 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomblot View Post
I really don't understand why jem related rumors should be censored. I understand that people with professional dealings with Hoshino and Ibanez must be careful, but if the censorship is based on advertising on the site, I has a foul smell to it.

Anyways, I find it hard to believe that they would use the JRs for this type of thing. 555 og 505s yes, but Jr?
What is being censored? If something intended for NDA is posted and Ibanez (hoshino usa) asks to remove it of course it comes down. This is simply having integrity, something people fail to consider online nowadays sadly. The rumors create a trickle-down effect on reps, dealers, etc.

Anyways, a SK/DY JEM-JR would make a lot of sales sense in certain regions. It's a totally different market & price category, why not offer better choices to this market? Ibanez is diversified way beyond what it was in '89 with everything MIJ models in it's electric guitar lineup except the EX. It would also get the JEM away from the art collector types and back into players hands worldwide.
post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 11:05 AM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
You censored yourself?

Taken should have simply clarified he removed his post because it was his interpretation of speculation. He didn't post any info proving the JEM JR would or would not be released.
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 01:06 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
It would also get the JEM away from the art collector types and back into players hands worldwide.
The 30ths are now for art collector types? I wonder why at least half bought Silver packages because they were going to get serious seat time, and the majority of the rest just Bronze because they wanted to play it but it wasn't going to be played much. I have only shipped 4 so far as is factory fresh because they wanted them untouched for a collection, about 10%.

You may be thinking of some other JEM though.....

FP2? - nope, no art colectors
VWH? - nope, no art collectors
WDP? - nope, no art collectors
SFG? - uh, yea.
PBFP? - now maybe you're onto something! It is pretty......
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
What is being censored? If something intended for NDA is posted and Ibanez (hoshino usa) asks to remove it of course it comes down. This is simply having integrity, something people fail to consider online nowadays sadly. The rumors create a trickle-down effect on reps, dealers, etc.

post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 01:28 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomblot View Post
LOL

Tags
jem jr

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode