Jem Jr. Pickguard and Tremolo Questions - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Jem Jr. Pickguard and Tremolo Questions

Hey everybody,

I have a 2016 Jem Jr. that will be my "modding" platform. I tried searching Jemsite for some help, but the phrase "jem jr" wasn't yielding results; I think it is because of how "jr" is only a two letter phrase.

Anyways, I came across an instagram post of somebody who replaced the Jem jr. pickguard with what they believe is an rg350dx pickguard and worked perfectly. Can anybody verify this? I keep hearing that the Jr. is just a 350 with the fancy aesthetics, but I haven't seen anybody say that this is completely the case.

Also, I'm interested in upgrading the "Std. Dl" tremolo on this guitar but I haven't found much conclusive information on how people have upgraded it. I saw a video of a guy who had a Gotoh trem on his Jr., and found a few threads that were never updated with the OP's results. It took only a few seconds to realize that this trem does not compare to the original edge on my 655, lol. I'm intrigued in using a big block original Floyd rose actually, but I'd like to see what others have done.

Any insight or help would be appreciated, or if anybody can direct me to where I can find this information, I'd really appreciate that.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Bump.. Does anybody have any suggestions for a pickguard? I have messaged multiple people on youtube with no luck, and i have emailed a popular pickguard mfg. company who has verified that a real jem's pickguard wont work with my jem jr.

Wondering if any rg pickguards would work, the way it looks now is the seafoam green jem premiums pickguard looks like it may work, but i cant find any of those either.

Just trying to avoid drilling holes if i dont have to...

Thanks
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 05:50 PM

I also want to know what tremolo would fit in the new Jem Jr's & where to get a pearloid pickguard that fits?

I once had a Caparison Horus with a Schaller tremolo that looked like the one in the Jem Jr. It doesn't look like the ibanez trems I've seen before & it's also much better than the tremolo on an RG270DX - cheap guitar with a tremolo that couldn't really be used without going out of tune.

I'm not used to playing with tremolos but I have tested divebombing & fluttering & have been very pleasantly surprised by the tuning stability. Can't say it's worse than the Schaller I used so if there's no hidden defects I don't know why I would change anything but perhaps springs & toneblock?

Last edited by linus; 01-03-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Tags
bridge , jem jr , pickguard , std dl , tremolo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode