Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jem Jr WN 2004 Neck Stability?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  destavaiwira 
#1 ·
hi guys,

i have a jem jr 2004 with an ILT 1 trem. i remove the trem system and changed it to traditional trem from aldridge empire. it's duralumin saddles and block. a day after my luthier finished his job, i rock this beauty, sound and feel great. the second day, i remove the pups (duncan designed) and changed it to modded tone zone. sound way more beautiful than before. it's perfect. but the third day i strung it, i shocked. the action is bit higher than before, and the tuning slightly dropped to nearly E flat. i checked the rosewood block join, and it's fine.

my question is:

1. is it a natural habit of a new string?
2. is my neck stability is awful?
3. another answer?

i need your opinion.

thanks and regards...
Desta.

#2 ·
hi guys,

i have a jem jr 2004 with an ILT 1 trem. i remove the trem system and changed it to traditional trem from aldridge empire. it's duralumin saddles and block. a day after my luthier finished his job, i rock this beauty, sound and feel great. the second day, i remove the pups (duncan designed) and changed it to modded tone zone. sound way more beautiful than before. it's perfect. but the third day i strung it, i shocked. the action is bit higher than before, and the tuning slightly dropped to nearly E flat. i checked the rosewood block join, and it's fine.

my question is:

1. is it a natural habit of a new string?
2. is my neck stability is awful?
3. another answer?

i need your opinion.

thanks and regards...
Desta.
Did you change the gauge of the strings when you restrung it? like from going from .09s to 10's?

#4 ·
How are the trem posts? New? Old? Because if the guitar is being tuned while the trem is slight pulled back on worn posts, it will be where you want it to be, but then when you push down on the trem and then after it resets it will be flat. Knife edges of a trem that are worn or bad can mess up a whole floyd set up if you are not looking for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.