Jem knobs? - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 07:02 AM

Re: Jem knobs?

its not just the brightness, they are brighter than the average knob but they have zero definition in the numbers or lettering, its just been painted over.
its a simple matter to do that yourself and not spend $45 on a set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 07:18 AM

well i just bought a green set from 230344379484.

i'm not sure if they are like the dodgy ones in jaden's post. i mailed the seller like 15 minutes after i paid (silly me...) to cancel the order...don't know what's going to happen now.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 09:33 AM

the seller name I bought from was antnest.
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
the seller name I bought from was antnest.
hmm yep, same guy i asked to cancel my order lol.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 11:16 AM

in true blue peter fashion..
here is one I made ealier - about 10 mins ago in fact... no lacquer but I can do these in any colour...

post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
in true blue peter fashion..
here is one I made ealier - about 10 mins ago in fact... no lacquer but I can do these in any colour...

Hmmm...... I might try to do it myself as well why spend 45 where I can spend 15 on the paint and have my friend shoot a clear or have a friend air brush the color on and then a light clear.

I want to get a neon green set and I would love to get a lazer blue set. =)
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Banned

the pink knob on the left (the brighter of the 2) looks like the neon pink knobs you find on a vdy.and the other pink one looks like the ones you see on floral jems,them one's are just plain pink if you like.if i was wanting knobs for my jem id buy them no probs
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 05:18 PM

http://www.universaljems.com/cart/knob.htm

(Near the bottom)
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies guys! Jaden, you are right on with the color match. Nice! Thanks for posting the origional IBZ pic along with the others. I think im gonna get 2 greens from Rich. They are not flo, but niether is the green Dimarzio uses on thier pups. I think they will be a close match, and thats what im shooting for...
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 09:47 PM

Jaden,
We have never once claimed these were originals or exact copies but a great alternative to the rare originals. I have countless feedbacks from only happy customers. You seem to be the only one unhappy. If you wanted originals you shouldnt have bought them. Our materials are the same as we use on our high end customs. You want to cheapen out with laquers go for it. Members do you realise that there were some done as solid castings and some also done as white based painted as I have on one of my own early original jems. Remember $45AUS, so what $30+ US or 20+pound , fare deal as far as I see to save someone the trouble of doing it themselves.
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 10:12 PM

http://www.universaljems.com/cart/knob.htm

the flouro ones down the bottom look good, except the lettering is kinda light. is it black?
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Talking Re: Jem knobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antman View Post
Jaden,
We have never once claimed these were originals or exact copies but a great alternative to the rare originals. I have countless feedbacks from only happy customers. You seem to be the only one unhappy. If you wanted originals you shouldnt have bought them. Our materials are the same as we use on our high end customs. You want to cheapen out with laquers go for it. Members do you realise that there were some done as solid castings and some also done as white based painted as I have on one of my own early original jems. Remember $45AUS, so what $30+ US or 20+pound , fare deal as far as I see to save someone the trouble of doing it themselves.
Hmm, i dont see Jaden as being unhappy, but just trying to find the correct color? Also, your knobs would be $35+10=$45 shipped to the US. Thats cool with alot of people i guess, but i could "cheapen out" and spray about 100 knobs for that kinda $$.

My origional post was wanting to find knobs for a DNA replica, and these are currently available from Rich, so im all set.
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 07:11 AM

Indeed, I have not claimed to be unhappy, I am one of the ones that left positive feedback for you in fact..
people here have asked about your knobs and so I posted pictures.

BTW, your knobs look lacquered but from your post I guess they are not ?

peace..
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 04:17 PM

Thanks for your feedback Jaden it was appreciated.
Yes you posted pictures, but along with your I'm sure, competitive priced alternatives.haha This just cost me a sale mate and who knows now how many more.
I paint guitars as well but i dont post pictures on forums comparing the differences between others even if people asked as its not respectful, especially if I was intending to stear people away. I would expect this if our product was crap, but we both know as well as my other customers know thats its not. Hey are you using neons? Check out my neon shot, they glow pretty good dont you think.
Peace to you to...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4678.jpg (31.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg tips web.jpg (24.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg neon.jpg (38.1 KB, 17 views)
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 06:32 PM

I dont offer knobs for sale and cant ever imagine doing so, I make guitars

disrespect ? - believe that if you like but if people didnt make comparisons in the marketplace about tv's / DVD players / coffee machines / guitars / amps then how can anyone make an informed purchasing decision ?

its very likely that you will get more sales from exposure here and my pictures than you would lose so, I wish you all the best of luck in that respect.

Jaden

Tags
knobs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode