Jem LNG custom builder - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

Question Jem LNG custom builder

In am planning to have myself a Jem 777 LNG clone built in a few years, but I don't know who can bring me a dead colour match. I have looked on ET Guitar's site, and i read that his work is outstanding, but as mentioned above I am not sure if he is able to copy the colour. Also I read in the threads, that username steve makes handrests, which I would also install on it. All in all, I want an LNG, that I can play, and not be afraid to damaging anything. I don't need to know it quickly, because I still have to save much money for it. If you know someone who is capable of building a dead match, please tell me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 07:22 AM

Re: Jem LNG custom builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFreak777 View Post
I have looked on ET Guitar's site, and i read that his work is outstanding, but as mentioned above I am not sure if he is able to copy the colour.
So why not ask him if he can copy the colour?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

I am very shy, that's why I didn't ask directly, but I have sent an E-Mail in which I ask for a quote, but as always I forgot to ask the most important thing. I will ask him about the colour after he replies, or he starts the topic himself.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 08:56 AM

You'll never get a dead match unless you actually had a real LNG to use for comparison purposes.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

I know, I just want a good match and I just realised, that this whole thread is pretty stupid...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 11:17 AM

Reviews: 11

It's not stupid!
If he can't get a color match, then just keep looking and asking around (can't be shy) and you'll eventually find what you need.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 12:18 PM

Reviews: 7

you should ask jonnyboy mills check his thread on LNG clone he posted recently,
his looks very nice , check it out.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 12:28 PM

Reviews: 11

Yea man his looked right on dude!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 02:11 PM

LNG is a very hard color to spray hence there were only 300, also color matching won't work unless you get a case queen that has never been in daylight since the day it was made or the color will not be right as neon's fade quickly in direct sunlight even with UV protection clear coats. But unless someone stands next to you with an original LNG who's going to know, also you'd be the one with the crazy loud neon green and the original will not be as bright as it's aged, look at the dynorod vans, they have to be re sprayed all the time, as they turn white. Best of luck with it, and I would think either of the guy mentioned could do if for you easy by the look of there stuff.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 07:55 PM

Reviews: 25

Whats the point of trying to match your clone LNG to the real one, unless you plan on putting them side by side the originals.. As long as its a standard neon glow in the UV light Fluro Green, that should work out just fine...
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 02:30 AM

(I'm around if/when you want to contact me =])
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 05:38 AM

Reviews: 2

A while ago I purchased an old desert yellow jem...... or at least part of a jem the body was an old RG550 the guitar had been painted in a terrible pea green. I purchased a Jem body off a builder here in the UK. I bought a half litre tin of neon green paint made by a company called MIPA. The guitar you see in the middle of the picture is the (nearly) finished result

When a friend of mine called around the other week he said the colour looked really close to his original LNG that he once owned. I think I paid 475 for the guitar and around £120 for the body. I got a killer guitar for well under £1000

Sorry for the poor photo
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 09:30 AM

Well I have a beat up on FP Jem that is stripped down to the wood and I'm going to make a "VLNG" out of it. I'm not saying that this is correct, but here's what I'm going to do:

Simply spray the guitar with House of Kolor Green Neon and use a tinted clear to get a little bit of yellowing.

Tags
custom build , handrest , jem 777 lng

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode