Which JEM For Me? - If Any? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2002, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Which JEM For Me? - If Any?

I have never played a JEM in my life. *I need to know which JEM you think I'd like best. *I play nu-metal, metal, Vai-ish stuff, alternative, and many other things. *But mainly heavy stuff, with really smooth creamy leads. *I like a warm smooth neck tone that cleans up well, a funky clean bridge sound, plus loud, clear, distorted tones. *I know I like the body/neck styles. *And they all look cool to me. *:biggrin: *So let me know what you think!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2002, 07:28 PM

Which JEM For Me?

why don't you find out for yourself!?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2002, 07:35 PM

Which JEM For Me?

Quote:
snakepit on 7:28 pm on Mar. 10, 2002
why don't you find out for yourself!?
I absolutely agree. If you have access to some JEMs at your local guitar shop, why not give them all a try?

I, on the other hand, was less fortunate since the local guitar shop didn't have any JEMs in stock (in Japan, people prefer Fender and Gibson over Ibanez). However, I found all the information I needed right here at this site, which led me to the conclusion that you basically can't go wrong with any JEM. :biggrin:

- raijin
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2002, 08:05 PM

Which JEM For Me?

Heavy stuff, smooth creamy leads and a warm smooth tone? *Check out the breed pickups on the Jem 7DBK. *You may like * *The Breeds are some of the warmest, smoothest, full sounding pickups available on a Jem. *Evos have a little more high end, and less lows and mids, as where breeds have more bass and mega mids. *Cream a la jem. *The DBK has a wizard profile neck *(thinner) *and plays beautifully as well. *I highly recommend it........but then again, all the Jems kick ass! *In snakepits words, why don't you find out for yourself *:biggrin:
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-10-2002, 08:14 PM

Which JEM For Me?

You've been here long enough to have seen other people ask this question a hundred times already so I think you know what answers you will receive long before we write them. Right? :biggrin:

Apart from that, buy a DNA :cheesy:
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2002, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Which JEM For Me?

I was thinking of the DBK actually. *And ogling the DNA. *:biggrin: *But anyways, thanks a lot. *Since I have no way of playing a JEM or UV of any sort in this town, you helped confirm what I suspected, I like JEMs. *:biggrin:
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2002, 11:26 AM

Which JEM For Me?

dude, there's a couple in Toronto. I think there are some left at LA Music down on Lakeshore, and Steve's had a 7V...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2002, 12:26 PM

Which JEM For Me?

The DBK probably might be better for heavy rythms, although I'm surprised at the versatility of the 7VWH. You can play just about anything on it and it will sound amazing.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2002, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Which JEM For Me?

Well, looks like it's either the VWH/VSBL or the DBK for me! *I'll take a trip to Toronto when I get the money and play some. *Thanx all!

Tags
distorted tone , distorted tones , guitar shop , local guitar shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode