Jem MIJ - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Jem MIJ

I have a 2004 Jem7VW. It does not state on the headstock that it is a "Team J Craft". So where was it made and how does it stack up? What are the differences?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 12:12 PM

Re: Jem MIJ

I think the Team J Craft is a new 'sticker' that they added in the recent years. I have a 2001 JS1000 and it doesn't have it also.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 09:01 PM

J Craft was brought in at 2005 or so. Not sure what the difference the J Craft thing is. The biggest difference is that 5 piece neck, which i cannot stand. I got rid of my 2007 JEM 7VWH and bought a 2003 model. The 2003 model sounded much fuller naturally compared to the tinny 2007 J Craft model. But that was just my preference.

Apart from a fancy hard case, which is too plasticy, i don't see any other difference. Seems like a sales ploy from Ibanez to boost sales.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 09:53 PM

Reviews: 2

That fuller, warmer sound you refer to with older Jems may also simply have a lot to do with aging. My ESP MII, Gibson Les Paul, and Washburn N4 are well into their second decade with me, bought new, and they sound much fuller and fatter to me now than ever before! Guitars sound better as they age. My Jems are still recently quite new.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 10:15 PM

Did you really start another thread to ask basically the same question?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
Did you really start another thread to ask basically the same question?
Looks like it.

Wonder how many years will pass before somebody bump this thread again. Maybe 2019, when J Craft is dumped by Ibanez. Might as well lock one of these threads.

Tags
jem mij

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode