Jem Neck Heel and Volute Question - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Jem Neck Heel and Volute Question

I'm loving my UV777BK so much, I'm now looking at picking up a Jem7V.

I have a line on one, but one thing gives me a little pause - there is no neck volute, and there is some neck heel that sticks out beyond the neck pocket of the body. It is an ebony fingerboard model, if that matters.

Are these two characteristics - lack of volute and neck heel visible - legitimate Jem 7V features for any years? (The neck heel was called out on a thread on spotting fake Jems.)

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 05:44 PM
Vendor

Re: Jem Neck Heel and Volute Question

All early 7v's had no volute and there was a small reveal of the heel at the pocket, nothing like the fakes that are just poor. But if in doubt always post a picture to be positive as some of the fake are really fairly convincing to amateurs.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Re: Jem Neck Heel and Volute Question

Rich - thanks for the quick response! Much appreciated.

The seller has provided me with pictures, but since they are really his, I don't feel comfortable posting them.

Everything else looks spot on - logo, truss rod cover, tremelo unit, inlays, control cavity position - and the seller is a member of a gear forum in Canada, so now I'm comfortable moving forward.

Thank you!

Tags
jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode