JEM neck on a JEM7DBK - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

JEM neck on a JEM7DBK

at musician.com right now, there is a JEM7DBK for sale, with a JEM neck. Can this be a mistake, since the jem7d really has a super wizard neck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 08:58 AM

In many cases the ads are incorrect.
If it is the original screw head inlay neck, then yes, it's a super wizard neck. If the neck looks different, it's been replaced.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2002, 09:20 AM

the advert does say Jem neck (Product #519834 )
and if you look in the Ibz catalogue the Jem7DBK has a "Jem neck Prestige"

However the shop are not the best with their adverts...
unless of course you want to buy an

Ibanez Blem JEM7V Electric Guitar
Product #519833X

of course dont forget to check out www.blemsite.com and come to this year's www.blemfest.com
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2002, 12:11 PM

The "Prestige" label on these may indicate a little more attention o the Jem neck. None of my Jems had bad fretwork but my new 7VSBL had noticeably great fretwork. The DBK has a reeally stable Wizard-like neck. Super-Wizard is a great name for it. Since it is very different than the other current Jems, I feel it really should be labeled something other than just a Jem neck. It does feel great, though. If you're looking to buy, make sure you know what you're spending your money on.

Mike 777 Haug
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2002, 01:25 PM

Maybe they should start labelling them JEM I, JEM II, JEM III, etc. Same goes for UVs, since I've heard the older UVs have a fatter neck, they should call it UV I, and UV II necks.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 01:49 PM

I agree-but that's another topic, entirely.

Cerealk, have you been able to look into this any further?

Tags
electric guitar , jem neck , super wizard neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode