Jem-POD, works like a charm? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2003, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Jem-POD, works like a charm?

I just ordered my first JEM ever!! A JEMFP, which Mr.Vai used on a whole concert back in 98ī. I canīt wait, i canīt sleep, i canīt eat, i canīt play. I can just wait. So i was wondering if anyone out there are using a JEM through a line 6 POD, and could be able to give me some pointers on cool settings that works well with the JEM. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2003, 11:23 AM

Quote:
A JEMFP, which Mr.Vai used on a whole concert back in 98ī.
Did he really use it? If thatīs so: COOL!
Happy shredding!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2003, 12:14 PM

I think he meant Vai used the same model of guitar. Maybe I am wrong, however. Now on the the actual post...

I am using a Jem7vwh through a POD 2.0 and it works great. My only complaint is the fact that the head that I go through has eq knobs (which all heads do). This disrupts the POD's EQ settings. If I were you (I am probably going to do this VERY soon), I would get a pre-amp with no eq kobs, just a volume knob and an on/off switch. That way, whatever your POD says, goes. This option would also make ToneTransfer a lot more smooth, because you wouldn't have to fiddle with your amplifier's EQ settings for each tone.

Tell me if this helps.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2003, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

the very same

Nah man, it was the very same!! Woha
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2003, 12:55 PM

Re: the very same

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShReD404
Nah man, it was the very same!! Woha
Hope it's in better shape than EVO
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2003, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman_lg
I am using a Jem7vwh through a POD 2.0 and it works great. My only complaint is the fact that the head that I go through has eq knobs (which all heads do). This disrupts the POD's EQ settings. If I were you (I am probably going to do this VERY soon), I would get a pre-amp with no eq kobs, just a volume knob and an on/off switch. That way, whatever your POD says, goes. This option would also make ToneTransfer a lot more smooth, because you wouldn't have to fiddle with your amplifier's EQ settings for each tone.
If you have an effects loop, just run the Pod straight to the effects return. It should bypass all the eq controls(on most heads) and just use the power section of the head. Just be sure you turn the volume down on the Pod because on some heads it'll bypass the volume also.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-11-2003, 04:53 PM

What bucket bot said.

I use an FP with a POD 2 (2.3) too, and it works pretty darn good. If your amp has an FX-Return slot, use that, bypasses the preamp totally and lets you use the POD completely, with no fiddling with the amps knobs.

Fabe
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the tips i think im gonna just sit and look at the guitar in awe for the first week or so before i dear to touch it. Man, its steveīs guitar, im just beginning to realize it now.
peace
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 06:10 AM

How in Jesus' effing name did you manage to get ahold of that guitar?
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 08:10 AM

Works great to me (POD 2.0). I'm using mine live and in studio. Live i use it with an marshal 5275, but i use it in guitar input because i found a setting that needs a bit of eq before "talk".
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 09:27 AM

Congrats on your Floral!

Please enlighten us upon the guitars history as well as how you have become the new owner. This sounds like a great story.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 11:22 AM

I used a POD 2.0 on my bands latest stuff, We we're in a rush so I used it straight into an Alesis ADAT rather than my prefered method of mic-ing up my VH100R.

I found the tone to be a little thin for my tastes.... whether this was just because i was in a rush and didn't play around with it, or because I'd never used one before... I don't know.

If you go here... These songs and solo's were recorded with an '88 Jem 77FP, through the Pod, With a morley Pro Wah an some of it!

Oh, and congratulations on your FP, Let us see some Pics when you get it.... I love mine and I hope yours gives you as much playing pleasure as mine has!

J
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 09:08 PM

I use an '89 FP into a POD 2.0 (2.3 really). for recording and practicing or whatever (basically everything here in the studio), I plug the pod's Left and Right outs into 2 channel strips on my mixing board, then out into the computer...I'm using my amp (with eq flat) as a monitor out of the mixer.

I use the sound diver program that comes with the pod for more options for my settings...

basically, its' all gravy
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 01:56 AM

I use a Jem90 with a POD 2.0. And I have not complaints what so ever. Works like a charm.

Oh, and congrats on the FP!
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

thank you for all of your tips =) the FP is getting in tomorrow i hope, and i just can wait, i think im gonna faint when i get it damn, the man himself has played that puppy, i am so not worthy, i should send it back naaaah. i bought it off this guy who was selling out stuff from his studio and he said that he had a JEM77FP to sell too, and I just immedeatley took it, even though i didnt have enough money at that time, he later told me that Mr. Vai himself had played it, and heīs a friend of my brother so i know he would lie to me...damn...

Tags
jeff beck , mesa boogie , pink floyd , pod pro , whammy bars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode