jem price - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

jem price

Hello;
I'm so sad not living in the USA because, here in London, (or even in Paris) a "jem vwh" cost 1800£ = 2647.44$.
Just to let you know!

Js

Sorry for my english, but I'm french
PS : I'm living in London!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 01:05 PM

Maybe you get one from Rich(Ibanez rules). Click the banner.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Hello;

No, I find it in all thre guitar shop in London... Finally I took a jem fp one month ago cheaper than that but still too expensive compare to the USa price! I spend around 2000 $ (But when you're in love, you don't count *: it's a french proverb!)

Thank for answering me!
JS

PS : Do you know if the "jem fp" is still available in 2002 ? I can't find it on the new USA ibanez catalogue!!!!!!
PS2 : *Does it make sens???
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 01:47 PM

As far as i know the FP is discontinued, RICH would know for sure.....
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 02:28 PM

This popped up just recently on another thread. I think the answer was that the FP is still available in the Japanese market only. As I recall, the last Western ones went out in 2000, and only a few, cause my mate got one!

JS: I feel your pain. I used to live in the UK and their prices are obscene on Jems (and nearly everything else). Be careful when buying from abroad too (the States, Japan) because shipping and import taxes are very heavy. I once paid £300 in pure tax and duty on an FP I imported, and that was after £100 shipping.

eBay UK is your best bet for realistic prices. I picked up a mint (still with the plastic on) DBK for about £750 and a 7VWH for about £930 that way.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 05:10 PM
Vendor

The FP is still available wherever distributors and dealers still have remaining inventory. Supposedly the factory is no longer producing them. If anybody spots an 02' FP anywhere I'd like to hear about it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

Thank you guys for your reply...

So, now I think that I have one of the last jem fp because it's an 2001 jem (Serial number begin with 01 (head))...

There will be only 3 jems available in the market in 2002! the dbk, vwh and the new one, the blue one...

I can't wait till next year to have a new model release... And sometimes I'm thinking what it will be in 2007 = 20 years of jem!!! It will be great!

JS

Tags
guitar shop , ibanez catalog , jem vwh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode