JEM2KDNA-owners - A few questions - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

JEM2KDNA-owners - A few questions

Just a few questions:
1. Do you play (giggin') or do you only stare at her? (If you gig what are your experiences?)
2. Would you buy her again or not?
3. Do you intend selling her in the future ?
Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 09:53 AM

JEM2KDNA-owners

1) *So far, I haven't gigged with 'it' (#54) but I have taken it to a recording session, Jemfest, rehearsals and local jams.
I don't want to let it out of my sight when I it out to play, and in our 6 piece, room on stage is limitted and I don't want to bash it.
Plus, I like the feel of my 77FP's neck.

2) * I would have to think hard about laying out so much again for a guitar I play relatively infrequently. I bought it on an impulse when I thought I was richer than I was, but...after I finally paid it off I had no real regrets. I love the guitar more and more-truly individual. I probably would buy it again. It's only money after all. But 2 or 3 nice holidays in the sun.....or 2-3 other high-end guitars... or a really nice recording set-up....

3) * No immediate plans to sell. If someone offered me silly money I would, but it would have to be silly.

Guy
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 10:24 AM

JEM2KDNA-owners

1) *I have gigged with my DNA (#137) 3 or 4 times....I love it! *Great tone, great playability, and the "wow!" factor is WAY up there.

2) *I would buy it again, although I didn't buy mine in the first place-which leads to the answer for question #3....

3) *No. *Never. *My wife bought me my DNA (named Angel) for Christmas 2000. *It'll never be for sale, period. *The ony true "keeper" out of all my toys!
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 12:13 PM

JEM2KDNA-owners

#1 I do not "gig" any more but I do play mine at home. I try to circulate through my guitars so I end up playing my DNA very little.

#2 I would buy it again.

#3 I would never sell it. I am weird about guitars. When I want one, it's all I can think about but once I get it, it's no big thing and I'm off planning my next purchase. I have sold a few guitars in the past and have regreted it.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

JEM2KDNA-owners

Quote:
3) *No. *Never. *My wife bought me my DNA (named Angel) for Christmas 2000. *It'll never be for sale, period. *The ony true "keeper" out of all my toys!
What a wife !!!!!!!!!! You happy guy!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 04:14 PM

Reviews: 3
JEM2KDNA-owners

1. Do you play (giggin') or do you only stare at her? (If you gig what are your experiences?)
Haven't gigged with it because all the places around here are real trashy and it'd probably get stolen or damaged... but I have no problem playing it, I wouldn't mind going to a few gigs with it if I ever get in a band again

2. Would you buy her again or not?
Probably not... just because it is the ONLY guitar I've ever owned that I worry about. *I like it a great deal, but I hate having the feeling like I need to be terribly careful with something like a guitar. *I don't want to beat it up, but I'd hate for it to fall.

3. Do you intend selling her in the future ?
Not in a million years.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 05:02 PM

JEM2KDNA-owners

I just read this thread, and found it depressing that GuyCool uses his FP in a situation he wouldn't bring his DNA. *I have ONE GUITAR, and it's a SQUIRE. *If I could have an FP, it would probably gig with me (what little I do) and I would treat it like an only child. *:biggrin: *If I had a DNA, I would never leave the house. *:biggrin: *Why is there no :biggergrin
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 05:29 PM

JEM2KDNA-owners

1) I used #63 a few months ago on some backing tracks in my studio, I don't use it much, though....I should check the case to see if she's still there.

2) I'm not sure if I'd buy again, but I certainly don't regret having it.

3) I would only sell if I got what I paid for it, which is probably..no.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 02:03 AM
rvj

JEM2KDNA-owners

1) I mostly stare at it sitting next to my UV77MC. Neither get played, but they look great together. I'm about to start jammin' with some new people. If we gig, I'm definitely playing them both!!!

2) Yes, I would definitely buy the DNA again. The UV77MC, I would not. I'm a six stringer at heart.

3) I would never sell the DNA. Although, I am thinking about selling the UV77MC.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 07:50 PM

JEM2KDNA-owners

I have a feeling you might be getting an email from Rich soon...
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 07:56 PM

JEM2KDNA-owners

1) NO WAY. Got others I can play....I just take her out once every few months...I see more PIC's of her on the Net than I do of her in person...is that a sin???

2) The one I have in particuallr, YES...I'd buy her again....others...depends on thier swirl....

3) Lets see.....NOPE! :-)
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 09:33 PM
Vendor

JEM2KDNA-owners

hehe Welcome Alex, took you 2 whole posts before I figured out who you are :biggrin:

1. I stare (I get stoned first, black light optional)
2. In a heartbeat, wait, the blink of an eye, wait, nanosecond, yeh!
3. :rotf:
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2002, 04:03 AM

JEM2KDNA-owners

a squire ?? where can i mail my "with deepest sympathy" card.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2002, 11:52 AM
rvj

JEM2KDNA-owners

Did someone say Squire? Pass along that address, so I can mail a sympathy card also.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2002, 02:21 PM

JEM2KDNA-owners

1. Yep I gigged with my DNA a ton before I sold it. i would usually play at least three shows a week with it.

2. I would not buy another one I just think it's too much to spend when a JemVwh does just as good a job. So i kept my JemVwh and sold the DNA.

3. I sold it for only $1800 because it was pretty beat up but it still played like a dream. The guy I sold it to did not seem to mind the dings and chips on it and he thought the price was fair. I just could not honestly sell it for any more then that because of the condition of it. I wish I had some pictures of it but I don't.

Tags
backing track , les paul , swirl jem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode