JEM555 or RGxxx with evolution pickup - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

JEM555 or RGxxx with evolution pickup

Hi guys!!
I need some help, I'm going to buy a new guitar, I need you to recommend me what is the best option between a jem555 or a Rg series + Dimarzio Evolution pickup, I think I should choose between this two options because I think I could spend 1500 (about 1.800$). If I'm wrong about something, please tell me, because I've a lot to learn about Ibanez (jem and rg ) and I need your help.

What do you think about it?

Which is the best option considerating the money??
Can you recommend me the best option in your opinion??

Thank You very much for your answers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 11:34 PM

First off, I don't know where your from or what Ibanez prices are like there, but with $1800 you could probably 5 RG5XX and 2 or 3 Jem555. At least in the U.S. But if those are what you have to choose from, I would say go with the RG 5XX and put Evolutions in the it. The reason being, you would have a guitar with great pickups, hardware, neck, etc... instead of a cheap Jem with bad hardware. Some people may recommend the 555 so listen to what they say too.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 03:08 AM

If you're in Europe, for that money you could ship a real Jem in from the States.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 03:28 AM

I think Evolutions are harsh sounding. You'd be better off with some other DiMarzio, something warmer.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Sorry, I didn't say I'm from Spain

But If you recommend me to buy my guitar in the US, Which shop would have good prices, and could send it to Spain?? Would you think I cuold buy a Jem like the VHM for this price?? or something like that??

Thank you
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 02:49 PM

definitely get a real jem.. you can find for sales posts here on jemsite n get jems for 1000-1400 and spend the rest for shipping and a couple of pedals.. or.. if i were you, i'd get 2 dbks

or you can ask rich if he has any jem within ur price range, i think he has.. check his website..
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 04:51 PM

Im from Spain too, and with 1500 you can buy a nice second hand JEM.

If you dont want to spend much money try a RG5xx with some decent Dimarzios, not go to the Evolutions only.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 10:18 PM

get a 7VWH shipped from the US with that money man

Tags
dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode