Jem555 Wizard neck? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

Jem555 Wizard neck?

I have a couple of questions: The Jem555 has a Wizard neck, correct? If the Jem5 is supposed to be a cheaper version of the 'real' Jems, why does it have a Wizard neck? I ask this because the new 77VBKs and BRMRs have the Wizard necks, and I was thinking that the Wizards really only went onto higher-quality Jems instead of the cheaper ones they make.

I have a Jem5 and soon I'll have a BRMR, so I'm wondering if that since I am satisfied with a Jem5 neck that I'd also be satisfied with the BRMR neck. I'm not sure if there are any differences between a Wizard neck on a Jem5 and a Wizard neck on a newer Jem or just some other one, but I'd like to hear what you gurus have to say

I really love the thinness of the Jem5 neck since I'm able to move around quickly and play the mega-shred stuff, but it's also just a very comfortable neck that I can 'glide' on.

I hope this will be even more true with my new Jem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 05:22 AM Thread Starter

Re: Jem555 Wizard neck?

I take it no one really knows. That's ok though, because neither do I!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 08:33 AM

I think its a different neck..... I mean im looking at the stats on both and it really unhelpful but the 555 is a: "JEM Neck"
and the BRMR is a: "3 Piece JEM Neck" so id imagine that there basically the same... thats if there is any difference, I would also suggest you dont buy the BRMR because its overpriced for what it is. The pickups are fine.. but i recon the 7V is best (as i have played both) yeh.... fine the BRMR looks amazing.... but your really going to spend all that money.... on a Mirror plated JEM?? (which if u damage ..... ur ****ed lol) the JEM7V overall is the better guitar by far. Better neck "JEM Prestige" while the rest are "JEM" it feels alot nicer. But its up to you. Oh and its cheaper too.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 09:00 AM

i'm pretty sure the jem555 neck isn't the same as the other jem's because of it being a korean version of a real japanese jem
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 09:15 AM

The JEM neck has a different shape altogether to the wizard.

The 555 neck has the same profile as the Japanese JEM models, but as pointed out already, the construction is different.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2009, 12:32 AM

i have a jem555 (jem jr.) and have played japanese made JEM necks. The first difference that i notice is that at the top of every prestige or JEM wizard, the neck sort of juts out where it meets the headstock; the JEM Jr. does not have this and is pretty much straight back there. Also, the frets on the Jr. are not the same dimensions as the Jap. Jap necks are also 5-piece as opposed to the 3 piece construction on a 555. Finally, and most interesting is that the 17-24th frets are scalloped out on a real JEM, where the 555 is just straight. Also, new Jap JEM has an ebony fretboard vs. the rosewood of the Korean. Those are all the big differences that I have noticed in the two.

Tags
jem neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode