JEM70V SFG discontinued? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Question JEM70V SFG discontinued?

Ibanez.co.jp lists the JEM70V SFG as a past model.

Here in Europe ibanez.com lists the 70V as a current model and it is available in the stores.

Hast anyone a clue if it might be discontinued here soon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 08:36 AM

Re: JEM70V SFG discontinued?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFieldaway View Post
Ibanez.co.jp lists the JEM70V SFG as a past model.

Here in Europe ibanez.com lists the 70V as a current model and it is available in the stores.

Hast anyone a clue if it might be discontinued here soon?
Markets discontinue things at different times. TBH, I haven't seen the SFG in stores since they came out a few years ago (speaking directly about Japan btw). Seen them pop up a few times used but new SFGs have been unicorns. I actually thought they were discontinued a LONG time ago.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Nope, here in Germany they are as present as the 7VWH.
I just stumbled about the lack at the Japanese site.

So I conclude it will be gone here soon. Though it's not a GAS guitar for me it is still interesting due to the Edge trem.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFieldaway View Post
Nope, here in Germany they are as present as the 7VWH.
I just stumbled about the lack at the Japanese site.

So I conclude it will be gone here soon. Though it's not a GAS guitar for me it is still interesting due to the Edge trem.
Yeah the only premium Jem to have it. Also the cheapest of the Premium JEMs as well. After that, the entire premium line signature models went crazy expensive.

But yeah, I saw the SFG jem once in person new, right after it came out, then it sold and I think I may have seen it once in Tokyo like 2 or 3 years ago, but I can't even remember back that far. So yeah, I thought they had been out of production for a long time. Maybe Rich can shed some light on the current status of the SFG JEM?

Tags
70v , ibanez , jem , sfg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode