In the market for two new JEM777s, SK and DY, ideally the original but I would still consider a reissue (planning on fitting the PAF Pros to the reissue if I got one over an original; I do not want or like the Evos!).
Anyway, I saw this one for sale. $4k AUD is about $3k USD.
MUSIC SWOP SHOP ONLINE
- Apparently it is an original with original neck, body.
- Easy to get for me, I could have this delivered to my current location within 7 days.
- Assuming it is original, that is a win! Original neck is a massive plus for me.
- Non original PUs (apart from middle, apparently)
- No original case, documents, papers, or additions
- No original bridge, current one is non-original and aftermarket
- No idea on the serial number (yet)
- Will need new PAF Pros installed, will need a bit of a cleanup.
I'm unsure if it is worth it with these negatives. I've never purchased a guitar without its original case or papers, at this level. What should be done in this case? Make a low-ball offer, walk away?