jem777 out of tune - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

jem777 out of tune

Hi
When i bend a string on my SK the other stings go deeper. ex: When i play a open A string and bend a note on me light E the A sound like a Ab. Is there a way to fix this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 04:58 AM

Re: jem777 out of tune

Tremol-no, or block the trem. What you are describing is just an inherent trait of a floating trem, the only way to prevent it is to stop it floating.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 07:01 AM

Reviews: 1

Algiman is correct - since the bridge can be pulled up as well as dropped down (floating), when you bend a string it increases tension on the bridge. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction- you bend a note up and the others go down - all guitars with floating bridges do this, not just Ibanez guitars.

Most players 'compensate' by also slightly bending other strings up the neck- at the nut you must mute other strings because you can't compensate for an open string. It doesn't take long to master this.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaholic View Post
Most players 'compensate' by also slightly bending other strings up the neck- at the nut you must mute other strings because you can't compensate for an open string. It doesn't take long to master this.
You can also pull up on the trem arm slightly to keep it in tune.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 01:10 AM

Reviews: 30

Usually, I apply more pressure to the trem where the side of my palm tends to rest, but it takes getting used to because when you play, slight pressure pulls the strings sharp. You can also lightly cradle the bar if it is nearby in the run. I think the ways of avoiding this may be as vast as the number of different ways people adapt to their own unique playing technique.

Tags
jem777 , out of tune

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode