JEM777 Reissue 30th Anniversary - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

JEM777 Reissue 30th Anniversary

HI Guys/Girls,

Just joined the site as I was after some info, I'm from the UK and been out of playing guitar for a long time while I built my business up (I had to sell all my guitars and toys to start business) so not up with newer stuff so looking for advice.

So after looking around I noticed that there is a new Jem777 reissue coming out/is out, and that here in the uk its £3049, thinking it was a no brainer I have pre-ordered one, just wanted to know I've made a sound choice as I am going to have to wait a long time for it to come in I've been told.

I mean I'm not stupid its expensive, but I had several guitars before and tbh I just want one great guitar that when I pick up i will always enjoy its sound and feel, I intend to play it allot and tbh it won't go back into its case that often

So have I made a good choice or should have I gone for an original or even an older JEM that is proven but has some mileage under its belt

Interested to know what peoples thoughts are on the matter.

Personally, do i like the look and style, yes so Its already a done deal in my head, was what I always wanted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 11:36 PM

Re: JEM777 Reissue 30th Anniversary

Well I wish i was gettin one, so i'm envious!

To me i'd rather have a new guitar than an old one, i feel like less can go wrong. The necks seem stronger, hardware is probably machined better/no corrosion, Evo's are more fun imo, etc. I think Ibanez hit it out of the park with this reissue. Hope you have fun with yours!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 11:38 PM

Also, what color you get?
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I'm the same way, prefer new and will take care of it and will last me a life time.

Colour, well loch ness green of course :-)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:00 AM

BUTTOVCOURSE!

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:18 AM

I do prefer the old Originals.

Why? There are too many differences between them and the Anniversarys. If Ibanez had made 1:1 Reissues I would prefer the new ones.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 03:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkS View Post
I do prefer the old Originals.

Why? There are too many differences between them and the Anniversarys. If Ibanez had made 1:1 Reissues I would prefer the new ones.
Totally agree, its a copy, fake, imitation, however it will make me very happy and I will enjoy it for many years to come.. so in that respects as it will be the one I own, it will be the best
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 06:43 AM

I have a hard time finding new Ibanez guitars that have the same build quality and wood quality as older Ibanez guitars.

I've only bought two newer Ibanez guitars (Japanese) that have really high quality wood and setups; my FP2 is one of them.
But, it had the Rich treatment before I got it so who knows what it played like before that.

The other guitar is my JEM7V.
Now this was made like it came through time from the golden age of UVs, 90-92.
This thing plays like no other UV I've ever picked up!
The neck wood and finish on the neck have the highest quality I could ask for!
This is a KILLER instrument!
It looks so beautiful too!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Yeah here what your saying, there is a few JEM7V's about for around £1200 so Might try and get one while I'm waiting for my green copy to turn up
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 01:31 PM

You can't have tooo many JEMs!

Tags
jem777

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode