JEM777DY - Saw CC DeVille use one - Page 5 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 05:31 AM

Reviews: 10
Thumbs up Re: JEM777DY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
It had a smaller body and a weird pickguard that went up the top horn / cutaway.

Harry was / probably still is a phenomenal player. For those of you who dig Vai, check out Harry K. Cody on a track called "The Explorer". It's from the first Shotgun Messiah album. Actually, I was into that track before they used the name Shotgun Messiah, approx. 1988, I'd say. Originally they were called Kingpin but they were forced to change it. The album was originally called "Welcome to Bop City" -- over the top glam rock, but the guitar player was on fire! I wouldn't normally recommend this kind of band but you have to listen to "Explorer" at least.
He definitely is a good player! and the explorer is one of my favorite instrumentals to play but it is a challenging piece!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 08:59 AM

Reviews: 25
Re: JEM777DY - Saw CC DeVille use one

I loved poison. Still do. They made great music etc....

who cares what people think'

he obviously liked Ibanez guitars also. Whats this one he's playing ? Is this an RG750 ?

http://www.guitaren.dk/images/poison.jpg
post #63 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 09:15 AM

I was always a Poison fan. Cool story Vai giving him a Jem too.
I loved that video where Vai played the national Anthem for the Rock and Jock MTV baseball thing, and you see CC mouth a Wow when Vai shreds!

On a sad,need a life side note I have found myself watching that Bret Michaels Rock of Love show on VH1 with my girlfriend...excuse me now while I duck!
post #64 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 09:22 AM

Woops memory is slipping,,,just watched the video again and I guess that isn't CC. My bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3GyFn4MrjQ
post #65 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Dee

Re: JEM777DY

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
He definitely is a good player! and the explorer is one of my favorite instrumentals to play but it is a challenging piece!!!
Hell yeah, I would guess it's not easy to play. I haven't tried, to be honest.
post #66 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 11:08 AM

Sorry for being way behind here.............havent been on very much. Its very un-inspiring when ya cant see pics here. (restricted computers here @ work)
Anyway................Im sorry...............I never thought CC was a good guitarist as far as solos go. Song writer?..........yes. Solos?.......LOL!!!
I always felt they had these great build up for potential solos............and then plllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllth!!! I just never felt that he ever said anything with his solos other then "Im in a hair band" But..............thats just "my" opinion. I thought their videos were pretty cool though back in the day. Lots of flash and party shots
post #67 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelblack2 View Post
Since we are resurrecting ancient stuff anyone have a good photo of Harry Kody's VDY? Wasnt it a reduced size custom one-off?

yep, reduced size. here it is:

and see it in action HERE

Last edited by nuno; 08-31-2007 at 07:43 AM.
post #68 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 01:46 PM

Reviews: 10
Question Re: JEM777DY - Saw CC DeVille use one

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuno View Post
yep, reduced size. here it is:

and see it in action HERE
I must be blind or something it doesn't look smaller to me!!! it lools normal!!! what a cool guitar nonetheless! been trying to buy one to mod it after his!!!
post #69 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 04:22 PM

Same here I'd like to do a DY Universe same style as Harry's

Tags
alex skolnick , black pickguard , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom ibanez , darren wilson , david lee roth , double neck , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , floyd rose , guitar mag , guitar players , ibanez guitars , ibanez paul gilbert , jerry cantrell , jimi hendrix , john petrucci , keith richards , paul gilbert , reverse headstock , steve vai , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to tune your amplifier like cc deville

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode