JEM777LNG - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
JEM777LNG

OK guys, here's a question. What is the overall condition of the LNGs these days?

Is it hard to find a "good" one? Are most of them played to death or have they all been case queens or is it a spread between minty fresh and trashed?

If most of them are trashed would you consider having an update made? Maybe having a Suhr Standard in neon green with pink pickups or similar custom made?

Should I get a kit body off the bay and a can of green praypaint from my local car spares store?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 05:44 PM

Re: JEM777LNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
OK guys, here's a question. What is the overall condition of the LNGs these days?
Variable.

Quote:
Is it hard to find a "good" one?
Doesn't seem to be if you watch ebay or the classifieds, but it might take a while.

Quote:
Are most of them played to death or have they all been case queens or is it a spread between minty fresh and trashed?
Many are played to death, some are case queens and there is a spread between minty fresh and trashed with all the shades of the spectrum in between.

Quote:
If most of them are trashed would you consider having an update made? Maybe having a Suhr Standard in neon green with pink pickups or similar custom made?
Most aren't, and if you want a LNG I'd get an LNG, if you want a Suhr, I'd get a Suhr, it's kind of horses for courses, isn't it?

Quote:
Should I get a kit body off the bay and a can of green praypaint from my local car spares store?
Yeah, if you want something that doesn't look anything like a LNG...
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 06:18 PM

I wanted a near mint one, and spent about a year looking. I came across very few for sale and the ones I did were played pretty hard. I finally found a low number one, near dead mint with handrest and pyramid case, only the slightest pickguard scratches and not a mark anywhere else. I jumped on it, cost me around $3500 but I knew I'd prob never find one like that again. With Jems, my advice is to always hold out until you find the one you want....they are out there, just takes awhile to find. Good luck!
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 10:51 PM

Reviews: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibboom View Post
I wanted a near mint one, and spent about a year looking. I came across very few for sale and the ones I did were played pretty hard. I finally found a low number one, near dead mint with handrest and pyramid case, only the slightest pickguard scratches and not a mark anywhere else. I jumped on it, cost me around $3500 but I knew I'd prob never find one like that again. With Jems, my advice is to always hold out until you find the one you want....they are out there, just takes awhile to find. Good luck!
i did the same way, just waited till came across this one (dead mint),
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 04:07 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not 100% committed to finding one, but I'm looking at "restructuring" my collection and the JEM777 seems to be missing whilst I have some "doubles".

given that these are so rare and nearly 25 years old, is it wrong for me to find a mint one and actually play it. Part of me would feel guilty about that! LOL
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAIBANEZ View Post
i did the same way, just waited till came across this one (dead mint),
Thanks for sharing pics whenever it's possible. We have not seen any jems in years.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafigator View Post
Thanks for sharing pics whenever it's possible. We have not seen any jems in years.
Well I'm always pleased to see that the sort of guitar I'm looking for is available, so I appreciate the pics

Last edited by jono; 01-02-2011 at 07:01 AM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 12:42 PM

Mine is battered and I still love it. I don't have to worry about "ruining" a mint guitar by doing something so awful as playing it. I guess I could have it restored if I really wanted it perfect, but I don't really see the point.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 01:04 PM

I've put together a LNG earlier this year with a body I bought from the bay and a 777 neck that came from Greece. Pictures coming real soon.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 01:47 PM

mr.morris.

were are the pictures?or didnt it happen?

you always play a lot better with a LNG!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 04:03 PM

Oh its happened plus I bought a PBK the other week too! Bad dose of GAS me thinks?? Lol
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 04:24 PM

Heres a quicky of my cobbled together LNG, I'll get some better pics put together and give full low down over the next few days.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 06:38 PM

Reviews: 9

LNG isn't just one of my favourite JEMs, it's one of my favourite guitars in existence!

I'd play a mint one, playing guitars doesn't damage them, and for ome reason my playing doesn't seem to kill frets lol.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 11:18 AM

I play my LNG all the time. Always have. It's got wear on it, but I bought it to play! I'm proud to say that I'm the only owner of it, though, and all that wear is MINE. It's got a lot of miles on it, for sure!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 11:45 AM

I guess it also depends on how fussy you are about the signature and palm rest. Remember, the Europe distribution had the trem cover signed with a lot of these either rubbing off or being replaced over the years.

I have a very nice LNG with no signature or palm rest and would let it go for the right price. PM me if you want more info.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode