JEM777LNG Neck size? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2021, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and there are tons of posts in here, so maybe this has been answered before. But anyway, here's my question. 🙂 I own a 1987 Jem777lng, and I was wondering if you guys know if the neck profile may differ a bit from each guitar? Were they handmade? What I've heard many jem owners say that the 777's have quite a round neck profile. But my LNG seem to go more towards a wizard profiled neck. It has the palm rest and is numbered and signed on the backplate, and I even have the original old reciept from the music store where it was sold in 1988. I also own a Jem77fp 1988, and that one has the more traditional chunkier jem profile neck. I hope someone can clear this up for me. 🙂 Warm Regards /Stefan

Last edited by LochNessGreen; 01-17-2021 at 04:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 05:10 AM

Reviews: 3
Re: JEM777LNG Neck size?

It is 43 mm at the nut, 56 mm at the neck heel, 19 mm with at the 1st fret and 21 at the 12th. They were hand finished thus one can differ from another, but I wouldn’t say they are chunky. The profile is not as D as a wizard but more C shaped. Your FP should measure the same but with a little U shape.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the info! 🙂 Will measure the neck! 👍
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 11:06 AM

Re: JEM777LNG Neck size?

I’ve owned 6-7 different LNGs over time, and the necks were all pretty consistent size-wise.... EXCEPT for the one I still own. The neck is much more wizard-like than the previous examples, which were more in the territory of the VBK, RB, etc.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2021, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Okey! That's interesting! Nice to hear I'm not the only one with a LNG with a wizard-like neck! =P I still wonder though how it could differ so much during the hand finishing? With only 777 LNGs made, and introducing a new signature model to the world, I thought the guitars would have had a more thorough inspection before leaving factory. =P I don't complain though cause I love the neck profile on my LNG anyway! =P
Thanks for answering! Cheers! /Stefan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode