Jem77b - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Jem77b

I have one of these at the moment, but its an odd one.
I picked this up from a very trusted second hand retailer, and its got the rockwood pickguard, the specs are the same. however, its body is a greeny mossy like cover, and the shop owner said it was never furnished, and is kept green and woody, nice and natural, so i liked it and bought it. I have no suspicions on its "real" ness its got the serial and all, but i was just wondering if anyone had heard of them.

Secondly, i need to replace many of the items, the entire tremolo is on the verge of destruction and i need to replace it, but no retailers here sell them, and well known online sites?

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 12:52 PM

Re: Jem77b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whangmasta
I have one of these at the moment, but its an odd one.
I picked this up from a very trusted second hand retailer, and its got the rockwood pickguard, the specs are the same. however, its body is a greeny mossy like cover, and the shop owner said it was never furnished, and is kept green and woody, nice and natural, so i liked it and bought it. I have no suspicions on its "real" ness its got the serial and all, but i was just wondering if anyone had heard of them.
What is "rockwood?" All 77s are rear routed with clear pickguards, except for the 77BRMR, which has a mirrored pickguard.

But going by your description of the body, it sounds like you might have a 7BSB?

http://www.jemsite.com/jem/model/jem7bsb.htm

Quote:
Secondly, i need to replace many of the items, the entire tremolo is on the verge of destruction and i need to replace it, but no retailers here sell them, and well known online sites?

thanks.
Try Rich at Ibanezrules. He has a list of parts here:

http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 02:27 PM

based on the description, it's absolutely a BSB.

The BSBs originally have a brushed aluminum pickguard. Nice looking, IMO. Is that what you meant by "rockwood"?

please put your location in your profile so we know what "here" means to you.

thanks
~Kenny
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 02:34 PM

Perhaps the pickguard was changed to to a custom one made of whatever "rockwood" is....
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whangmasta
the shop owner said it was never furnished, and is kept green and woody, nice and natural
And you trust him? LOL it's burnt stained blue, not "natural and woody"

And there is no such thing as a 77B so you might not wanna put so much faith in this guy afterall
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 08:55 PM

Just because it has a serial # doesn't mean diddly - there are tons of fakes all around with serial #'s. And like stated above - green, mossy, natural & woody sounds nothing like a BSB at all. Can you post some pics and maybe that'll help to identify it.
Curbow's site mentions something about Rockwood necks....but I've never heard of a Rockwood pickguard. Maybe it's the same thing...??? Quien savvez
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 10:06 PM

If it is a BSB, then congrats and nice score......
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

heres a picture

and well i guess i dont raelly know where i got the rockwood from, but for the longest time i thought that pickguard was rockwood.

turns out it is a bsb, and thanks for helping me identifying it.

imo i love this guitar, but i am quite oblivious to its properties, and since its old i have to change lots of parts, can i get a quick history or stats on this guitar?

thanks.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 06:24 AM

It looks like a BSB but it's not a very good picture tbh.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 01:28 PM

Yeah, up at the top of this page click on jem/universe and then find your BSB on there. It will give you all the vitals, production numbers, etc. I don't have one but I hear if you sweat a lot while playing that the stain will wear off on you so be aware of that. Nice looking axe! How do the Breed pickups sound?
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 01:30 PM

Also, click on reviews, there are 4 in there now for BSB's, maybe they can give you some more scoop about the particulars of them and how it compares to other Jems.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 01:54 AM

Already listed above, pictures:
http://www.jemsite.com/jem/model/jem7bsb.htm

General specs, scroll down to Jem7 guitars, it's the first one listed
http://www.jemsite.com/jem/spec.htm

Jem neck sizes at very bottom of this page:
http://www.jemsite.com/jem/necks.htm

Personal reviews of the guitar:
http://www.jemsite.com/reviews/showp...oduct=11&cat=2

This site has a lot of info!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Thank you all for your help, however, i do have one more request.

Seems like i am quite oblivious to this part of the gutiar world, identifying parts, etc, i am blind at it.

I know that JEMs in particular have di marzio pickups, double humbuckers along with in my BSB case, a lo pro tremolo bridge set up (Do i have these right)

Becuase i need to change pretty much my bridge, along with my pick ups for they have gotten quite old, and i need to know the specific models so i could purchase them, customer service here is quite lousy. Does anyone know if Ibanez has a customer service center in Hong Kong? they have retailers but is there Ibanez them selves?
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 10:16 AM
Vendor

I have most of the hardware in stock in PN.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

What is PN? sorry, its probably a country or some district, but i need to know if ibanez has hong kong retailers.

Tags
burnt stained blue , electric guitar , jem neck , mirrored pickguard , neck evo , pro tremolo , tremolo bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode