JEM77FP - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
Mjg

JEM77FP

Newby on here but have a question for all you Jem/Universe buffs. I have a UV7PWH serial number 90XXXX, and what I think is a Jem 77FP serial number 90XXXX. The reason I say "I think" is because when I bought the Jem, from an advert out of Loot (a pre Ebay paper in the 90's) the guitar had been taken down to the wood so the floral pattern had been lost. The guitar still has the pink pickups, volume controls and the vine fret board inlay. My question is can you be sure what the model is from the serial number or does it just tell you the year it was made and its level in the number of guitars made that year? A further question I have is, does anybody know of any guitar restorers that can get the FP back to it's original glory? Any help would be much appreciated. I am based in the UK by the way.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 07:54 AM

If you take the neck off the model number will be stamped in the neck pocket.

In terms of restoration I'm not sure. It would depend on whether the fabric is still available anywhere.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Mjg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibaraki_gaijin View Post
If you take the neck off the model number will be stamped in the neck pocket.

In terms of restoration I'm not sure. It would depend on whether the fabric is still available anywhere.
Thanks for the response, I'll give it a go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode