Jem77fp vs. Jem7vwh - What should i do? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Jem77fp vs. Jem7vwh - What should i do?

Hi all
I live in israel and i saw a 77fp in one of the stores and i relly want it, but i can get a 7vwh in the same price ftom the USA.
i played the 77fp and i liked it but i don't how the 7vwh will be
so i wanted your advice which one i should get?
and wich one have a better sound?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 05:45 PM
Vendor

Jem77fp vs. Jem7vwh

Pure ice cream, some will like the look of a Floral more and like the Paf's better, the majority will probably step up for the VWH. Either way they'll play equally as well. After that it's what flavor ice cream you prefer.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 08:13 PM

Jem77fp vs. Jem7vwh

wait for the new sparkly one
~Kenny
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 10:57 PM
YJM

Jem77fp vs. Jem7vwh

I have both. I love them equally and honestly can't say which one is 'better'.

Some ideas for you:
[*]The FP is an all rounder which has better clean tone and more warmth;[*]For lead, The VWH sounds a lot thicker, has better sustain and more low end. IMHO it produces the ultimate lead tone. I didn't like its tone at first and thought it was too 'loud' and 'harsh' (I'm from the old school ). In order to get an acceptable tone, I always had to turn the volume switch (on my VWH) way down. It was annoying! Oh well... But I believe once you get used to it, there's no turning back.[*]The VWH has AANJ;

My 2 cents.

-Bill

(Edited by YJM at 10:59 pm on Feb. 18, 2002)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 01:00 AM

Jem77fp vs. Jem7vwh

the Jem 7 VWH is very very nice. (simply great...) I'd never buy a 77fp myself. (I know someone who's got 2 and he sucks). Get the flowerjem now and a 7vwh the next time you got money to burn...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 01:45 AM

Jem77fp vs. Jem7vwh

I wish I could help! But, seeing as those are two of my dream JEM's, I really want them both equally. Hard to be objective! Both are terrific guitars. The FP is perhaps a little more "old skool" and the 7V is more modern. The best of both worlds, I'd say!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Jem77fp vs. Jem7vwh

Hey tanks you all for your advices, i probebly buy the floral cause i love clean sounds and i don't want a relly loud tone.
but i still have doubts because everybody here says that the 7vwh is the best jem (exept the jem10) is that true?
Tanks i relly enjoy the website
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 07:29 AM
YJM

Jem77fp vs. Jem7vwh

If you use a lot of clean sounds, then I'd say the FP should be a better choice. You simply can't beat the combination of PAF Pro pups and basswood! I still reach for my FP whenever I want to play clean. But for lead, it's the other way around.

You won't be disappointed with either. They're equally good. I also think the floral pattern looks kinda cool! And the pink pups!

-Bill
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 03:01 PM
rvj

Jem77fp vs. Jem7vwh

7VWH.

Tags
clean tone , paf pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode