jem77vbk or RGT320Z dilemma..?? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Cool jem77vbk or RGT320Z dilemma..??

Dear all Ibanez lovers..
I am about to buy the Jem77vbk, but when i was about to buy it i came across with the new Ibanez RGT320Z, now i know it's not a Jem but All i can read about online about this guitar is super + rated, now is there anybody out there what owns boths guitar or have tried them both, that is willing to give me a quick insight about these axes?

Thank you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Banned

Re: jem77vbk or RGT320Z dilemma..??

ive never played either but would pick the 77vbk easy over rgt320z,thats just my opinion though.the rgt320z is still a great guitar but its the jem for me.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

It really does gome down to which you prefer. In my mind there are 3 points you need to consider.

Firstly, and probably most importantly in all truth, is the visual aspect, whih do you like the look of better? Which one will make you just want to play it over and over? the sleek black of the JEM or the more organic looking RGT?

Secondly, do yo prefer neck-through or bolt on necks?

Thirdly, which bridge do you prefer?

I've tried both and prefer the JEM, I'mnot really into trans-finish guitars and I prefer the bolt on neck construction. It all comes down to personal taste and neither guitar is "better" than the other.
jono is online  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 03:03 AM

To be honest, I would never buy a new JEM77V. I don't think the 'extra' features on a JEM77V compared to a similar Ibanez guitar (like the RG2550Z) justify the extra 1000/1500 EUR/USD you have to pay for it. If I would buy a JEM now, I would buy a used one.

If you want to buy new and don't have a problem with not owning a JEM but a RG (unlike ibanez777vbk ), the RGT320Z is a good option. Compared to the JEM77V, the RGT320Z has (and these are all opinions) better 'tone wood' (mahogany instead of basswood) and a superior neck construction (neck-thru instead of 'bolt-on'). The RGT320Z does feature the 'new' Edge Zero tremolo instead of the Edge Pro and you might want to read the threads here concerning those two. The DiMarzio IBZ pickups in the RGT320Z aren't the greatest, but are easily replaced.

Another option is the RG3620Z. Not neck-thru and an Edge Zero, but it does have a mahogany body and A grade pickups (DiMarzio Air Norton/Tone Zone). If you like that one, you could also try and find last year's RG3520Z: slightly different neck and DiMarzio IBZ pickups, but with the extra cash for replacement pickups still cheaper than the RG3620Z.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 03:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambram View Post
To be honest, I would never buy a new JEM77V. I don't think the 'extra' features on a JEM77V compared to a similar Ibanez guitar (like the RG2550Z) justify the extra 1000/1500 EUR/USD you have to pay for it. If I would buy a JEM now, I would buy a used one.

If you want to buy new and don't have a problem with not owning a JEM but a RG (unlike ibanez777vbk ), the RGT320Z is a good option. Compared to the JEM77V, the RGT320Z has (and these are all opinions) better 'tone wood' (mahogany instead of basswood) and a superior neck construction (neck-thru instead of 'bolt-on'). The RGT320Z does feature the 'new' Edge Zero tremolo instead of the Edge Pro and you might want to read the threads here concerning those two. The DiMarzio IBZ pickups in the RGT320Z aren't the greatest, but are easily replaced.

Another option is the RG3620Z. Not neck-thru and an Edge Zero, but it does have a mahogany body and A grade pickups (DiMarzio Air Norton/Tone Zone). If you like that one, you could also try and find last year's RG3520Z: slightly different neck and DiMarzio IBZ pickups, but with the extra cash for replacement pickups still cheaper than the RG3620Z.
ive had a rg2550z lets just say i wasnt impressed at all.id say the 77vbk is a lot lot better than a rg2550z,but thats just my opinion

Tags
jem77vbk or rgt320z

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode