Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jem77VBK Tremolo Arm

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  jb4674 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey

I got myself a nice new Jem 77VBK, and as a previous owner of a 777VBK (1989 model) I notice the tremolo arm on the new one swings too freely for my liking.

The old model had two nylon washers on it which kept it reasonably firm, however my new one has no washers or any grooves?

The retailer sent me sent me a new tremolo arm (2LE2-1B) however it doesn't fit into the slot, and looks exactly the same as the older one from the 777VBK.

Does anyone else have the same issue with their 77VBK ?

Perhaps the way the new model swings freely is intentional, however I would prefer to have more control over where it sits.

Wherever I search on the Net, I see the Edge Pro part number is the same as what I was sent...which is too big for my Edge Pro. When I compare the two arms it is clear that the one that fits is slightly slimmer than the 2LE2-1B.

Thanks in advance

Steve

See less See more
#6 ·
The new bar has no nylon bushes nor any grooves to put them in. I have a photo of the new one (on the left) and the arm that the retailer sent me (on the right) so you can see what I mean.

I took another look and applied a bit more pressure with the new arm and the it did actually fit...I assumed as it was so tight before that it was the wrong one, however as you mentioned the washers can be a bit tight (thanks ShredderChick :)) then I thought I would give it another go.

In black it doesn't look as cool as the chrome one that came with it, but better to use eh!

Thanks team

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.