JEM7BSB - I've tried it... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

JEM7BSB - I've tried it...

Last night I went to my local guitar shop after work and tried a JEM7BSB.
I bought it this morning !
Please bear with me as I express my joy :
:love::rotf::love:

It is brand new (meaning it was not used by anyone else, not that it was produced yesterday...) and quite expensive : I got it for $1560 with case, it is usually found at $1920 (catalog price being $2200 ! France is such a nice country - everything you buy has 20% taxes).
At first I was kind of confused by the neck : the painted raw finish was quite unusual for my left thumb. But after 5 minutes playing, it started to get really easy to slide up and down the neck. I suppose with time it's gonna get very smooth...

And the weight ! My Washburn N2 was supposed to be light, but this is what light is !!!

But most of all, the playability :shocked: !!! After a few minutes playing (the time it took me to get used to the neck, pickup positions and such...) you really understand why you guys love JEMs. I could almost believe I was a real good player
How could I play another guitar ? How will I be able to enjoy other guitars (this is the sad part of having a JEM ) ?

Guys, I want to thank you. This site is great, the forum is great (mmh, finding everything wonderful is usually a way to tell that you are in love, isn't it ?)
Without you I would've bought a JS100 or a JEM555, which are surely not bad, but cannot compete with JEMs (or JS, I suppose, but I never saw one). Well, OK, my bank account would have fared better, but hey, you only live once !

Next step : finding/making the right strap

So, can I join your gang of JEM worshippers :biggrin: ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 01:26 PM

Reviews: 5
JEM7BSB

Welcome! *Congratulations on finding a great guitar. *It's so tough to find that one guitar that just feels great to you. *Then some of us (Kirk) find 40 guitars that just feel right *

Now there is bad news about buying a JEM. *From now on when you go the guitar stores, it's just going to be to buy strings. *I used to go to guitar stores to look at all the nice guitars. *Now I go home to look at the nice guitar
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 03:10 PM

JEM7BSB

LOL so true so true......:silly:
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 04:52 PM

JEM7BSB

BSB is a lovely guitar. *Congrats!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-18-2001, 05:04 PM

JEM7BSB

You @{]£[email protected]£!!!!
I´m ssoooooo jealous!!!

No... Congrats!!!! I love that guitar too! The best JEM I´ve played. I just wish could afford it.
Well...maybe next year...
Have fun!!!

OoDee
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 08:25 AM

JEM7BSB

nice one!

Bienvenue a la monde de jem!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 05:05 PM

JEM7BSB

Alors mon ami!! Tu as trops de fortune, qu'est-ce que tu pense de ta Jem? *

[excuse my poor french]
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 08:16 AM

JEM7BSB

:frog:

Congrats, mon ami !!! (and thanx to all of you who give a try to our beautiful language )

WB, I'm a little bit older than you in the Jem familly (I bought mine 3 weeks ago :biggrin:, but also own a UV7PWH, see the pic. in another thread about this Universe), and I can understand the way you feel with this new toy : it really gives you the impression that someone else is playing (that's the only advantage to start guitar playing with a "baseball bat" neck )

I want to know : did you buy yours in Annecy ? (I saw *somewhere that you live in the French Alps) If that's the case, you were lucky, because a good friend of mine (and an excellent luthier, who built my first custom axe : C. Capelli) proposed me this guitar, as he knew I was looking for a Jem. I didn't buy the BSB, because I had the opportunity to find a "cheaper " 90HAM in Macon, where I live, and that I don't like so much the painted finish on the BSB's neck.

By the way, if you need someone to make a perfect setup to your new axe, don't hesitate to e-mail me, I'll put you in touch with Capelli, I think he's the french "Rich" (if I believe the legend ), as far as good setups are concerned.
My 90HAM is going to visit him today, because in addition to all the screws that you have to retighten (factory screwdrivers must have problems : all the screws on my Edge were loose and had to be retightened, in order to make it stay perfectly in tune as it does now), there are one or two adjustments that only a pro can do.
And if you go to Capelli's workshop, you may have another GAS (see other thread for explaination :biggrin, even if your *bank account is as flat as mine !!!!

Have fun with your new axe, and maybe one day we'll be able to upload something to show our Jemsite friends that France is not only a country of cheese makers :biggrin: *

Play, play, play !!!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

JEM7BSB

Salut Eddie 42,

I find that amusing that we are almost neighbours but have to meet on the net and speak english :laugh:

Yes indeed, I live in Annecy and this is were I found my new toy (actually I am pleasantly surprised to find such great guitars here - there's also a custom RG here with a finish like the JEM90HAM, beautiful...).
It seems that you were not the only one to show interest in this one, but I'm the lucky guy

The setup was made by the guy who sold it to me. I think it's good, but I only have it since the day before yesterday... Time will tell, I guess.
As I play .10-.46, he had to add another spring to the Lo-Pro Edge. Contrarily to what I feared, this does not ruin the action at all (of course the strings are a bit more tough to bend than with .09-.42, but it's still real easy)

But that's kind of you to offer your help. If I find I need a better setup, I'll be sure to ask you...

Mmmh, GAS... I'll have to search the forum, but I'll take a guess : Guitar Addiction Syndrome ? Oh, I found the definition : Gear Acquisition Syndrome. Hey, I had 'syndrome' right !
Well, considering I have a brand new tube amp and my multi-effect is only 6 months old, I guess I'm contaminated...

A+ (that's french for CU, guys : 'A+' => 'à plus tard' = 'see you')

[excuse our poor english ]
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 12:40 PM

JEM7BSB

Quote:
Quote: from Wicked Blade on 10:43 am on April 20, 2001

actually I am pleasantly surprised to find such great guitars here - there's also a custom RG here with a finish like the JEM90HAM, beautiful
an RG-Metal ?? nicee
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 12:58 PM

JEM7BSB

this might be a good time to mention

http://www.jem7bsb.com/

check it out!

cheers

Simon
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 03:47 PM

JEM7BSB

Quote:
A+ (that's french for CU, guys : 'A+' => 'à plus tard' = 'see you')
Actually, it's French for l8r (later)

Jim, qui peut parler le pas mal français quand il doit, presque aussi bien q'une vache éspaniole :biggrin:
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-2001, 03:32 AM

JEM7BSB

'There is no Hell
There is no such place as Hell
There is no Hell
There is only...France!'

Mais, j'aime France
My neighbour
Love it

J'aime...
JEM!

Je suis un poet,mais I didn't know it.

Guy
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-2001, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

JEM7BSB

Since we're on the matter of language now :biggrin:

Jimi D,

you're not wrong, and I'm not either
In fact I'd say that we French use 'A+' were you would use 'See ya' or 'See you later' or 'See you soon' or whatever... It's true that 'à plus tard' literally means 'till later' but that's not the sense it conveys : in the context it just means 'bye'. Do you see what I'm trying to say ?

GuyCool,
that's funny because here on the right side of the Channel we think England is hell :biggrin:
But I (shamefully) confess I kind of like England...

Now to get us back on the right track (we're supposed to talk JEM, here) :
this is day 4 with my JEM, et j'aime ma JEM.

And if you threaten me too much, I'll post a topic in the 'Lessons' area entitled 'How to speak French in 10 steps'. You've been warned
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-21-2001, 05:16 AM

JEM7BSB

zut alors!

Tags
aaa maple , abalone vine , art guitar , birdseye maple neck , dot inlay , dot inlays , ebony fretboard , guitar playing , guitar shop , local guitar shop , maple neck , pink floyd , pro edge , tube amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode