Jem7BSB - not enough care on the X inlay - wood dust etc. in - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Jem7BSB - not enough care on the X inlay - wood dust etc. in

I got myself a second hand Jem7BSB, VERY VERY HAPPY with the sound and killer look in great condition.
One complain I have are the dots on the fretboard...
Under the transparent plastic dots/inlay with the screw X inside, there are dust and wood dust etc inside it, the stuff u would expect from a guitar factory but they should have cleaned it up.
I am sure they could have take more care and cleaned it before putting those in... for such an expensive guitar.
Anyone else have the same on their Jem7BSB or Jem7D? I would like to know. Is it just mine being unlucky?

I still love this guitar

(Edited by SHREDlamode at 1:15 am on Mar. 4, 2002)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 10:36 PM

Jem7BSB - not enough care on the X inlay

First off I hate that inlay so cheap and cheesy. But yes I have seen a few like that on DBK's. My suggestion is send it to littlegreenman for some pyramids or a vine, would look so much sweeter.

My worthless 2 cents,
Brett
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 11:52 PM

Great idea! *I had thought that my DBK would look cool with pyramids. *Hmmm...so much to do, so little money!
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 11:57 PM

Ive noticed a little of the same on my DBK. *I like the screw head inlay (for a change from the Jem norm), but it seems that it was done a little sloppy in many cases. *I bet pyramids would look sweet on a DBK though. *How much would a modification like that run?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Guitarlos2 on 11:57 pm on Mar. 3, 2002
Ive noticed a little of the same on my DBK. *I like the screw head inlay (for a change from the Jem norm), but it seems that it was done a little sloppy in many cases. *I bet pyramids would look sweet on a DBK though. *How much would a modification like that run?
Same thing on my DBK. I guess it kinda runs in the family of the screw inlays...
I would also be interested in replacing them for the disappearing pyramids. If anybody can get a price, please let me know. I wonder how much it would be with international shipping...
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 01:30 AM

since littlegreenman is no where to be found here is a link to his website for you guys his work is beyond outstanding.

Brett

http://www.onlinerock.com/services/lgmguitars/

(Edited by ibanezcollector at 1:33 am on Mar. 4, 2002)
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 01:41 AM

Wow, thanx Brett, I appreciate the kind words. *For all you DBK owners, I can do the elusive (LOL) chrome vine or pyramids (for that industrial Jem look) *Or BSB, I can do pyramids or vines in just about any colors you want. *Email me if you want to do something like that, I've been wanting to do a Chrome vine or pyramids on a DBK or BSB for a while, I've done some really good test pieces with the chrome look, and I think it would look awesome on these "industrial" finish guitars! *

As for the actual problem at hand, it's just plain and simple poor work, there is no excuse for there to be dust in those inlays. *I never noticed on the couple of DBK's I've seen, but then, I always thought the screw heads were a little understated for a Jem anyway. *Oh well, you can get in touch with me for pricing and everything if you would like to do something.

Check out the website LGM Guitars

or just email me at [email protected]

Thanx again!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 04:42 AM

Brett:
Thanks for the info!

littlegreenman:
Just checked out your site. Absolutely awesome. :thumbsup:
I'll surely let you know when I decide to have work done!

- raijin

ps Check your email

(Edited by raijin at 4:44 am on Mar. 4, 2002)
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 06:25 AM

I dunno, maybe I am the only one to like the screw head inlays (although pyramids are cool, I don't quite think they'd work), but I must sadly agree about the inlay work on the BSB. I don't have the wood-shavings, but I do have glue that's spilled over and one or two other slightly annoying things. Anyway, If I were to get the inlays redone I'd have real screw-heads put in (with a light plastic on top so I get to keep my fingers)

But yeah, more care could have been taken. Can't fault the rest though!!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Got mine for 610 with case on a Loot bid
I guess I can't complain!!!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 06:42 AM

Hi Herman,

Yeah, I have the same problem on my DBK; a couple have some dust in 'em. But what's worse is I had one of the plastic caps pop out on me! I coulda broke down and cried at that point I ended up superglueing it back in, making sure it was the right way around so it would sit flush again. When the plastic caps were put in at the factory they weren't put in straight and then shaped to the radius of the fretboard so when it popped out I had to fiddle with it a while to get it in right again. But oh well, I can't see the dust at a distance so I don't really care all that much.

But, one of these days, when I win the lottery, I AM gonna send the neck to Jeremy and have him do a chrome vine inlay for me. *DROOL!*

LJ
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

I am tempted to put some LEDs in there

My hands still smells like that BSB after couple days of shredding on it hehe.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 07:25 AM

My DBK inlays show the same thing too. Dust and micro wood pieces.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

DOH! hehe

Last edited by SHREDlamode; 01-11-2007 at 10:03 AM.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 10:15 AM

A chrome or silver vine inlay sounds cool - in theory... Any pics Jeremy?

Tags
chrome vine , chrome vine inlay , lgm guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode