Jem7vsb settings - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 04:02 AM Thread Starter

Jem7vsb settings

I've just purchased a jem7vsb, but i havent recieved it yet...I was wondering if I have to make adjustments on the guitar such as string height, or if the factory settings will do just fine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 09:12 AM

Congratulations on your purchase. I have just bought a brand new 7VSBL & It came set up perfectly. However more often than not, guitars I've received in the past have come with an action height only useful for slide playing. Have you bought your guitar from a shop or direct from Ibanez???? If it's come direct from Ibanez, chances are it'll need a set up.

Good luck!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 09:18 AM

if it doesn't feel right to you, it requires a setup. Check out ibanezrules.com for great setup tips!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 12:43 PM

Congrats on the new axe! I set mine up with .010" gauge strings. I did nothing else fancy to it. I would like to get a black pickguard with Blue DiMarzio PAF Pro pickups for the occasional change of pace in the sound and a 777V-style appearance.

Mike 777 Haug
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Thank you guys! I will recieve it this sunday, and I cant barely wait
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 02:34 PM

Hi,

I just received my sparkly blue jem today...

it played really nice straight away, I suspect at the weekend I'll change the strings and give it a quick service - just to double check the action is as good as I can get it etc.

Strange how it reminds me of my RG but seems much easier to play...

I quite fancy swapping the pickguard for something less plain, anyone know of a UK supplier?

Cheers
John

Tags
black pickguard , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , gauge strings , paf pro , paf pro pickups , pro pickups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode