JEM7vsbl for Edge pro III - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

JEM7vsbl for Edge pro III

The low pro of JEM7vsbl got rusting..... Can I replace it for a Edge pro III? I just worry about the fitting... THX
My guitar is same as the pic below. And the other shown the Edge pro III that I want to be replaced.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard01.jpg (44.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by andygel; 10-16-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 02:31 PM

Re: JEM7vsbl for Edge pro III

It's just Edge3 not Edge Pro 3. Looks like you don't know that Edge3 is a low-end term that has no business being on jem. I suggest you sell your trem, add some cash and buy new lo pro edge if that bothers you so much. Just stay away from that Egde3.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafigator View Post
It's just Edge3 not Edge Pro 3. Looks like you don't know that Edge3 is a low-end term that has no business being on jem. I suggest you sell your trem, add some cash and buy new lo pro edge if that bothers you so much. Just stay away from that Egde3.
ooo..What can I do for my old lo pro if it look like this?.. there is rusting on the angle where the strings bending... thx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 290720101331.jpg (37.5 KB, 1 views)
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 05:17 AM

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygel View Post
ooo..What can I do for my old lo pro if it look like this?.. there is rusting on the angle where the strings bending... thx
Too much rust to clean. Buy one new from Rich, Cottam, Guitarparts, etc... Be sure the finish is the same of the previous one to match the tuners. The color code is in the specs list of this web.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 04:25 PM

.... or just get some new saddles for it (again from Rich) and save some money. Replace the whole thing if you prefer, but do it with a similar quality trem, not an Edge3. (The Edge3 probably won't even fit right in the route.)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 10:56 PM

Reviews: 11

yea the edge III is the worst trem that ibanez has. and its not bad, it works great if you set it up right but its still nothing compared to the lo-pro. even the old TRS trems are better than the edge III
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBZRG1527prestige View Post
yea the edge III is the worst trem that ibanez has. and its not bad, it works great if you set it up right but its still nothing compared to the lo-pro. even the old TRS trems are better than the edge III
Oh thank heavens. I thought my LoTRS was the bottom of the barrel. At least now I can raise my head a little.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBZRG1527prestige View Post
Thx guys for helping.
Shall I know what kind of "bad" things will edge III happen compare with lo pro? In fact it is hard for me to buy a lo pro in term of money and location....
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 09:02 PM

If you wanna play, you gotta pay.

I don't see many Ferrari's pulling in to Jiffy Lube. You've got a nice guitar, don't butcher it with a downgrade like that. I personally can verify that the stud spacing alone is about 1/8" different, as well as the radius for the guitars using the respective trems, 400mm for the Egde III guitars versus 430 for the Jem. Shoehorn not included...... 'just sayin
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 10:12 PM

Reviews: 25

and while your at it, upgrade the block with brass or titanium.... :P
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

thx guys

I just polished the rust saddles with sand paper for my lo pro. It seems working fine except the appearance... I will order a new lo pro when I get the money. thx

Tags
edge pro iii , jem7vsbl , low pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode