Jem7vwh - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Jem7vwh

I want to know your personal opinion on the 7VWH, I recently ran across a forum regaurding the 77FP and the 7DBK, but the 7VWH was mentioned and it was said "Vai wannabe's" mainly own the VWH. and i've also ran across a couple forums where alot of ppl, I wouldnt say "bash" the VWH but say its "too traditional" and some people have gone as far as to say they "hate it". So I wanna know your opionions. I personally LOVE the 7VWH its been my dream guitar for YEARS now, I mean dont get me wrong I am GETTING A 7DBK, However my dream guitar still is the 7VWH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 02:08 PM

Re: Jem7vwh

search is your friend.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 02:44 PM

How can having a vwh make some-one a vai wannabe and not the fp or dbk??
They are all jems!!
Get what guitar you like and b*ll*cks to everyone else I LOVE my 7vwh.I bought it coz i love it,the way it plays,the way it looks.
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem
They are all jems!!
Get what guitar you like and b*ll*cks to everyone else I LOVE my 7vwh.I bought it coz i love it,the way it plays,the way it looks.
Couldn't have said it better myself. It all comes down to what YOU think, and not what others think (unless it's something unethical ). I wonder if those same people say that LP players are Les Paul wannabes?
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 05:26 PM

granted i like steve vai and his music and if it wasn't for him, i probably wouldn't have looked twice at a jem. but him playing one made me want to play one. once i got it off the wall the guitar done the rest. the shop owner even told me that the jem just sell itself.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 12:01 AM

I am a pretty big Vai fan, and that's part of the reason I bought the guitar. But, if I weren't a Vai fan, I probably wouldn't have considered this awesome guitar. It plays better and sounds better than any other guitar I have ever played. That's my opinion. And I'm not a Vai "wannabe".
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Slayer J
granted i like steve vai and his music and if it wasn't for him, i probably wouldn't have looked twice at a jem. .
So....you just happen to walk by a Floral in a shop.

You telling me you wouldn't look twice???

If you say NO then you are lying
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-03-2006, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem
They are all jems!!
This pretty much sums it up. Technically if one Jem makes you a Vai wannabe, so do they all. Anyone who says different is probably too dopey to know there are many different Jems, which makes their (uninformed) opinion pretty absurd.

I for one am not a Vai fan and don't care for vines or the gold/white combo so don't care so much for the 7vwh, although I do like and own a RGA121, RG550LTD, and RG750 and the Jem to me is certainly an RG style so certainly is a good guitar...but as andy has pointed out, life it too short to give a [email protected] about whether someone thinks you are a Vai wannabe. And if that was true, there are waaaaaaay more Les Paul and Leo Fender wannabes out there.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 10:59 AM

... alright maybe twice or three times... a day...
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 07:48 PM

Hehe, Leo Fender couldn't play guitar.
And don't give a damn what anyone else thinks, its what you think that counts, xD. If that is backed up by some awesome guitar ledgend, even better.
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 07:59 PM

The top session guitar player in Sydney (Peter Northcote) had about 12 JEMs last time I saw his collection, including a 7VWH and a BRMR, and Peter ain't a wannabe anyone - he's an IS! (a truly great player - fantastic!)

If the shoe fits, buy it

Cheers

David
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 12:23 AM

i bought mu jem after having played a rg2550 (had a 550 years ago) just wanted something a little more top shelf for the collection , dont matter thats someone famous plays it. im not them and i play my stuff on it.
makes me happy
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

well regaurdless, I'd still give anything for one!
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 07:12 AM

I don't know why playing a VWH would mean a person is a "Vai wannabe ". It doesn't even say "Vai" anywhere on the guitar.

Les Pauls say Les Paul on them. I'd say anyone playing a Les Paul is more of a "wannabe" than someone playing a Jem. Some people are so narrow minded and completely retarded.
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 11:44 AM

The whole guitar SCREAMS Vai. Because it's his sig guitar lol...

This seems like a pretty stupid question to post here. Sorry but it is. This is JEMsite.com, and I thought it would be blatently obvious most people here are gonna like the 7vwh. Go to MAB forum, and hey wouldn't you know most people there like MAB! Go to the Seymour Duncan forum and guess what? Exactly!

Ok you get the idea. I hated the 7vwh when I first saw it, and hated it even more when I found out Vai was the creater. Flashy, overthetop complete look at me-ness. Over time it has really grown on me though, and I'd happily own one (with an ebony fingerboard). Though I much prefer the BFP and a few select others.

And most people who own a jem, whether they want to admit it or not, are conciously or sub-conciously trying to make a statement. Though unless you can handle it you'll just look like a "****er"

Tags
ebony fingerboard , ebony fretboard , guitar players , ibanez guitars , leo fender , les paul , les pauls , playing guitar , seymour duncan , steve vai , super strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode