JEM7VWH - White finish blemished with pink-ish color. Need help! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

JEM7VWH - White finish blemished with pink-ish color. Need help!

Hello awesome peoples,

I am about to score a sweet Ibanez JEM7VWH for cheap, and I've tried it and it played awesome and I really want this guitar.

BUT, the thing is, this guitar has areas that was covered with pink-ish blemishes on it. The owner said that is was caused by the red lining of the Team J-Craft hardcase. He tried cleaning it before, and I'm not sure using what though, but it's still there.

So, any of you guys know how to fix this? If this is fixable, then I am buying this guitar.

Here's a picture of the blemish I mentioned:

Take a look at the lower horn area, and then top horn, near the grip area. Those aren't lighting effects or reflection, those are real pink-ish blemish. Also happens at the sides of the horns, where they're in contact with the red lining inside the case.

Any ideas/help/tips on how to fix this is highly appreciated. And if possible, refinishing is not an option. I've had nightmares with refin jobs. Both DIY and "professionally".

Thank you guys.

Last edited by aj_foes; 11-28-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Vendor

Re: JEM7VWH - White finish blemished with pink-ish color. Need help!

It must have gotten wet and sat in it for some time.

The dye has wicked into the clear. It's either not too deep and can polish off, or it is and you'll never get it off.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 10:32 PM

Reviews: 2

a low speed buffer with some meguiars swirl remover should do the job. You'll have to machine wax and then hand buff afterward to get the original shine back, but you should be able to do it.

BTW you could take the body to a professional auto body shop and have them do it for you.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

@Rich:

Any ideas on what kind of polish should I try? Any tips/dos and don'ts that I should know of?

@RGTFanatic:

I don't think I can get Meguiars swirl removers anywhere near - maybe need to order online.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the responses.

I have this crazy idea to lightly sand those areas till the affected layer of poly is gone and re-buffed the sanded area. Would this work?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Vendor

Unless it's incredibly cheap I'd avoid it if you need to have it perfectly white. It may be too deep to remove without a refin.

I had a GB2K that did the same with the purple case lining in one spot, was never wet, nothing unusual. I could tell it was very deep into the clear by looking at it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2010, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Bummer. Nope, it's not incredibly cheap, but a whole lot cheaper than the usual used Jem price.

Ah, I guess this was never meant to be.

Anyways, thanks to all who responded, especially you, Rich. You guys are awesome!

Tags
case rash , discoloration , jem7vwh , pink red blemish

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode