JEM7VWH... white and gold, is it really classy? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
RCB

JEM7VWH... white and gold, is it really classy?

I m starting this thread because I allways thought that the white body with the pearloid pickguard and gold hardware is just really hard to digest. I think that the american, japanese and european concept of what is classy is very different.

i think the jem10 is classy, although a bit baroque. To me, a classu guitar woud be the PGM90 or the JPM90.

I know that most people will disagree with me, but I wondered if there were a significant amount of people that feel the same way about the aesthetics of the 7VWH?

It is an amazing instrument, probably the best playing/sounding jem besides the jem10, it s just the looks htat i dislike.

May be, if it had chrome hardware and another pickguard....

What do you think?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 01:55 PM

well, i like it
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Fry

It is 100% opinion. Steve Vai thinks it is classy, and so do a lot of other people.
post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 02:08 PM

my personal opinion is that the jem7vwh isnt a very classy guitar it just looks a bit over done to me, BUT i must say that im not overly into white guitars anyhow.

i personaly think the jem7vsbl is the much classyer of the two
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
RCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry
It is 100% opinion. Steve Vai thinks it is classy, and so do a lot of other people.
I m totally aware and I agree that it is 100% opinion. But hey, that s what I want to know.... other people s opinion!

The fact that steve s has been usign it for 10 years, even to the point where he is rarely seen with a guitar that doesnt look like a VWH (Flo is 77FP, but he turned it unto a VWH, so he obvouisly loves de 7VWH!)

May be that have some inlfuence in many people to buy the VWH, or even liking it a bit more.

The one thing that everybody will agree is classy is the ebony board with the MOP and abalone vine. Again, the white and gold combination is what I think es debatable, and the pearloid pickguard.

Again I know that it is 100% opinion..... so please voice your opinion!
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 03:10 PM

I think it's classy looking, but if I was to design it for myself I'd probably give it chrome hardware and knobs and a simpler pickguard.

But maybe it has a lot to do with seeing it in person, which I've never done.
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 03:30 PM

The white and gold combination with the so-so ebony fretboard turned me off. I asked Rich how expensive it would be to replace the gold hardware. Too expensive he said, so I bought the VSBL instead. I was looking into replacing the VSBL's pickguard and inlays, but it's not my main guitar at the moment, so I'm waiting.
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
RCB

May be if it had an engraved metal pickguard like the ones on the virtual jems, or if it had the vine on the body (again, as some of the virtual jems), then it would be pretty unique. Even maintaining the gold/white combination, but going all the way with it, including que gold or MOP vine on the body.

I wouldnt call it classy neither, but man, that would sure turn faces
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 04:34 PM

It's not classy, it's elegant.
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 06:16 PM

Reviews: 4
I think it looks much different in person that in the pics typically seen online. The white is much brighter than you'd think. I think it looks angelic and, yes, elegant and, yes, classy.
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 07:15 PM

It's the guitar Elvis would have played in Las Vegas after his burger diet. As you can tell, I am not a fan of gold hardware, always thought it looked tacky

Black! Make it all black!
post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 07:15 PM
dex

Re: JEM7VWH... white and gold, is it really classy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB
Re: JEM7VWH... white and gold, is it really classy?
No and I don't think you can acuse any Jem of being classy appart from maybe the PBK and the VSBL.
All the rest are so kitch, dated and ugly that I think they are the equivalent of a rich indian girl dressed for a special occasion.

ilia
post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
RCB

Well, I love the look of a lot of jems. Not that they are classy or elegant, but amazing and shoking. Personally I think the PBK is the classiest bahind the Jem10. I really dont like the VSBL, it looks too much like a Stratocaster.
post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 09:58 PM
JFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekim
I think it looks much different in person that in the pics typically seen online. The white is much brighter than you'd think. I think it looks angelic and, yes, elegant and, yes, classy.
I'm with Ekim... up to the classy. I do think it's elegant and truly angelic but classy no. It's too in your face to be classy IMO.

JFT
post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 01:51 AM
Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry
I m totally aware and I agree that it is 100% opinion. But hey, that s what I want to know.... other people s opinion!

The fact that steve s has been usign it for 10 years, even to the point where he is rarely seen with a guitar that doesnt look like a VWH (Flo is 77FP, but he turned it unto a VWH, so he obvouisly loves de 7VWH!)

May be that have some inlfuence in many people to buy the VWH, or even liking it a bit more.

The one thing that everybody will agree is classy is the ebony board with the MOP and abalone vine. Again, the white and gold combination is what I think es debatable, and the pearloid pickguard.

Again I know that it is 100% opinion..... so please voice your opinion!
My response was pretty stuck up, (since I just bought one, I had to stick up for it!) I think it is classy. :P

Tags
abalone binding , abalone vine , black pickguard , chrome hardware , cosmo hardware , custom exotic wood , darren wilson , dot inlay , dot inlays , ebony board , ebony fretboard , fender strat , flamed maple , gold knobs , guitar playing , guitar shop , ibanez rbm , les paul , les paul studio , monkey grip , pearloid pickguard , rosewood board , sammy hagar , steve vai , usa custom exotic wood

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode